Banff National Park Things to Do Tips by kymbanm
Banff National Park Things to Do: 404 reviews and 608 photos
Somewhere in Banff
So much of what I saw in the parks are sights that I don't even know the names of!! I took almost every turn out there was ... just to see what I could see .. and so much of what you can see from the roadside is simply fabulous!!!!
Address: Highway #93
Proof that I was there ...
After all my wandering in the area, I finally found the UNESCO plaque here at Lake Louise .... since I didn't have time to wander the paths and explore, I didn't find it very special at all .. just another beautiful lake in the Candadian rockies :)
I watched folks kyak, walk, talk, and snap pictures galore ..... if I had more time, it would have been nice to have a tea break at the hotel restaurant, or to walk one or more of the paths ... as it was, my time was running very short for my little visit to this area, and I needed to get back into the car and begin the trek back to the Edmonton Airport.
Would I stop here again? I don't know ... I think I would if I had time to take the trails ... but for a quick stop, not really worth it in my mind ....
Address: 36 Miles or 56 Kilometers from Banff
Directions: Turn off Hwy 93 to Lake Louise, then just follow the signs from town to the actual lake .... you can't miss it, just follow all of the other vehicle on the road :)
The lake, the peaks, the beauty
Okay, an odd title I know :) But upon my arrival to the lake, there were kids and adults crawling all over the rock pile at one end of the lake, close to the parking lot ... and these little furry critters .. chipmunks perhaps, or even ground squirrels, were up there begging from the peoples ...... cute, but sad to see these critters so dependent upon tourists .......
Otherwise, I'm glad I stopped here ... it's a bit off the beaten track,but not much .... plenty of people, but not so many that you can't appreciate your surroundings ..... the attached websight will give you some ideas of what sorts of hikes and walks you can take from here.
In the meantime - go, enjoy, and live ....... and don't feed the critters, okay?
Directions: Take the road to Lake Louise, but follow the signs to Lake Moraine ..... it's about 15 km off main road #93
The other end of Peyto ...
Well. maybe not ... but one of the amazing and awe inspiring things about the glacial lakes in the parks her are their colors .... this one is an amazing blue color .... and an interesting shape too :) I"m glad I listened to others along my route, and they were right, Peyto was worth the stop ...
Be prepared for some cardio work on your way to the lookout ..... my goodness, it is very steep! For my first wander of the day, I wasn't prepared to work that hard to get to the view! Luckily, you can stop and read some of the informational plaques along the way while you catch your breath ...... a less obvious manner in which to rest your lungs :)
My favorite picture of Peyto is on my Banff page, This picture is not as ... picturesque, but I love it as it displays the glacial edge of the lake, and still shows the amazing blueness of the water .......
Address: Ice Field Parkway # 93 Highway.
Directions: The turn off the the parking area is about 20-30 minutes south on 93 from the crossing, and clearly marked.
More Reviews (3)
kymbanm's Related Pages
Banff National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA'S FIRST NATIONAL PARK"
- "under re construction please come back"
- "The Canadian Rockies"
- "BANFF NATIONAL PARK"
- "Not Really Bashing Banff But...."
- "Banff National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banff National Park
- Hotels in Banff National Park
- Transportation in Banff National Park
- Nightlife in Banff National Park
- Restaurants in Banff National Park
- Shopping in Banff National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Banff National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Province of Zambales Hotels
- North America
- Shinas Hotels
- Cabo San Lucas Hotels
- Entalula Island Hotels
- Lloret de Mar
- State of Jammu and Kashmir
Badges & Stats in Banff National Park
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Banff National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banff National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If you are in Houston ......"
- Commented on one of madamx's Banff National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Take your time, and take the turn outs ....... about Icefields Parkway in Banff National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take your time, and take the turn outs ......."
- updated a Banff National Park Travel Page "Banff: An unusual name, for an unusual place..."
Photos in Banff National ParkSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (72)
Latest Banff National Park hotel reviews
- Patricia Lake Bungalows
- 611 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- The Glacier View Inn
- 122 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Bow Valley Motel
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Brewster's Kananaskis Guest Ranch
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 22, 2013
- Banff Springs Hotel
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Mt. Engadine Lodge
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Peyto Lake- 29 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Moraine Lake/ Valley of Ten Peaks- 43 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Johnston Canyon- 25 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Sulphur Mountain Gondola- 13 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Icefields Parkway- 33 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Lakes /Mountains /Glaciers / Waterfalls- 48 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Banff Springs Hotel/Bannf Hot Springs- 21 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Hiking/Trails- 20 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Lake Louise/Chateau Lake Louise.- 43 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Bow Lake- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Banff National Park Things to Do