"A river runs through it ........" Top 5 Page for this destination Edmonton by kymbanm
Edmonton Travel Guide: 632 reviews and 1,077 photos
One of the things that amazed me when I first started looking into my Edmonton trip, was that the city borders both sides of a river .. okay that wasn't the amazing part .... but that the entire length of the river (both sides mind you) has been devoted to a series of parks and nature areas! The zoo, conservatory, dragon boats, etc are all right here in the middle of town!
As I saw from my hotel on this beautiful Sunday morning, the river is the lifeblood of this beautiful town.
The city itself would have been a fine visit .. but what made it even more special were the people of VT I spent time with while I was there....
Jojocan drove about 5 hours to get me to Edmonton, stayed to meet DavidKeeling with me, then left to make the 5 hour drive back home!! Can you believe it????? All this effort for little ole me! I felt soooo bad that she couldn't stay for our official meet that evening - but work called her away .....
DavidKeeling was a gracious host. He showed us his studio, his work, and even shared a cuppa w/ us! As one of the top 10 jewelry designers in Canada, I felt honored at the time he spent showing us his works in progress .... he even let me fondle a few jewels ........ (get your minds out of the gutter people!). HIs work is amazing ....... excellent quality materials, exceptional fabrcation and design concepts, and his ability to work with his customers one on one to create one of a kind pieces all come together in this exceptional working artist.
We stopped off here at the suggestion of DavidKeeling for a bite to eat as I shared that I was STARVING!!! The decor is... more travel advice
This airport is about the same size as the one in my hometown of Albuquerque, but handles so much more volume! This... more travel advice
kymbanm's Related Pages
Edmonton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edmonton - Oil Capital of Canada"
- "Gateway to the north!"
- "A river runs through it ........"
- "Meeting Jojocan in Edmonton"
- "Darby's Edmonton, Alberta Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edmonton
- Hotels in Edmonton
- Transportation in Edmonton
- Nightlife in Edmonton
- Restaurants in Edmonton
- Shopping in Edmonton
- Warnings and Dangers in Edmonton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edmonton
- 16 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Edmonton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edmonton
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Remembering our beloved..."
- Commented on one of Darby2's Edmonton travel pages
- updated a Edmonton Travel Page "A river runs through it ........"
- Wrote a Review Great place to visit and munch ... about Milan in Edmonton Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great place to visit and munch ..."
Photos in EdmontonSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues