"A river runs through it ........" Top 5 Page for this destination Edmonton by kymbanm

Edmonton Travel Guide: 626 reviews and 1,056 photos

One of the things that amazed me when I first started looking into my Edmonton trip, was that the city borders both sides of a river .. okay that wasn't the amazing part .... but that the entire length of the river (both sides mind you) has been devoted to a series of parks and nature areas! The zoo, conservatory, dragon boats, etc are all right here in the middle of town!

As I saw from my hotel on this beautiful Sunday morning, the river is the lifeblood of this beautiful town.

The city itself would have been a fine visit .. but what made it even more special were the people of VT I spent time with while I was there....

Jojocan drove about 5 hours to get me to Edmonton, stayed to meet DavidKeeling with me, then left to make the 5 hour drive back home!! Can you believe it????? All this effort for little ole me! I felt soooo bad that she couldn't stay for our official meet that evening - but work called her away .....

DavidKeeling was a gracious host. He showed us his studio, his work, and even shared a cuppa w/ us! As one of the top 10 jewelry designers in Canada, I felt honored at the time he spent showing us his works in progress .... he even let me fondle a few jewels ........ (get your minds out of the gutter people!). HIs work is amazing ....... excellent quality materials, exceptional fabrcation and design concepts, and his ability to work with his customers one on one to create one of a kind pieces all come together in this exceptional working artist.

After spending the afternoon squiring me around town, DavidKeeling and Ryan came back together with Darby2 and I for the first ever Edmonton VT meet!! These gentlemen were gracious hosts to this wanderer from the the south :)

• Last visit to Edmonton: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 28, 2005

• BahruzM's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Hello
    I am new in here. Tell me somesing/

• bobsreturn2004's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Great page,cant wait to see it for myself

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2007 at 1:21 PM

Nice page!

• jojocan's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2005 at 8:35 PM

You wore your new shirt out! It looked very nice. Why not the skirt though??? he he he....

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2005 at 2:19 PM

Kym, it sounds like you had a perfectly lovely time in Edmonton. Great tips and photos to boot! Kat

• Babcia's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 7:48 PM

Hi Kymba - loved your off-beat travel tips for Edmonton, and glad that you actually hit some good weather while you were here (August has been rainy). So sorry that I couldn't meet you!! Ah well, maybe next time!! ~Alicja~

• DavidKeeling's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2005 at 5:11 AM

You use the term "gentlemen" very loosely! Good thing you don't know the half of it. Thanks for hangin' with the boys that fine Saturday!

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Badges & Stats in Edmonton

Have you been to Edmonton?