"A great homebase for exploration!" Hinton by kymbanm
Hinton Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 42 photos
I chose Hinton from a map as a place to stop for the night. It looked like it was near a few locations I thought I might like to explore, and is only 1 hour from Jasper National Park. I was not disappointed in the least! As a matter of fact, I stayed an extra night in order to take time to explore the region a bit more!
Though not yet in the VT database, Grande Cache was my goal for my day of exploring the region. I wanted to go to one of the staging areas for the Willmore Wilderness area. I was quite excited to be this close to someplace I'd only read about, and never thought I'd have a chance to see for myself ....
Leaving Hinton on Hwy 16, I took Hwy40 north into Wm Switzer park and wandered about.To check out what I found, just check into my 'off the beaten path' tips :)
As I traveled through the Alberta Province, I was pleased and delighted with the help I received at the various visitor centers I took the time to wander into.
This particular center went above and beyond! They not only helped me plan an itinerary for my day of local exploration up into the Willmore, but the next day they helped me plan a detailed itinerary into Jasper and Banff ... including helping me decide which features to pass on, and which ones to explore more fully. Getting this information from locals was a Godsend! They helped me with my timing, and hand drew maps for me to find locations not so well visited by typical travelers .... I can't even begin to express my appreciation and gratitude at their help. Without these folks, my visit to Jasper and Banff would not have been so jam packed and amazing :)
This little local eatery kept me entertained as I eavesdropped on various conversations surrounding me .......... a... more travel advice
I have never read so much information that I could actually use as I did on this journey! I found the guides provided at... more travel advice
kymbanm's Related Pages
Hinton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great homebase for exploration!"
- "The Gateway to Jasper National Park"
- "Hinton, Alberta"
- "Gregg Lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hinton
- Hotels in Hinton
- Restaurants in Hinton
- Shopping in Hinton
- Warnings and Dangers in Hinton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hinton
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Hinton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hinton
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If you are in Houston ......"
- Commented on one of Darby2's Hinton travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "A great homebase for exploration!"
- updated a Hinton Travel Page "A great homebase for exploration!"
- Wrote a Review A little place in Grande Cache in Hinton Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues