"Jaw Dropping Beauty in Jasper" Jasper National Park by kymbanm
Jasper National Park Travel Guide: 421 reviews and 1,035 photos
Jasper was described to me as 'better than Banff', 'less crowded than Banff', and 'prettier than Banff; ... ok, this may just be me, but I do dislike having these sorts of comparisons made between 2 amazing national parks ......
I WILL say, Jasper was sooooooo beautiful. I enjoyed to places I wandered into to walk about ... The beauty was so spiritually centering for this city/desert dweller :)
I took this picture of Medicine Lake in August .... the seasons are changing ...... Ann75 was there about a month before, and her pictures show a big difference from mine as far as water level. To see what it looks like early in the growing season, with even MORE water than that, check out Babcia's Travelogue on Japser ........
Jasper is part of the multi-park UNESCO World heritage site here in the Canadian Rockies.
This park alone encompasses 4.200 sq.miles (10,800 sq. km). The Canadian Rockies are known to support 1300 species of plants, 20,000 types of insects and spiders, 40 types of fish, 16 species of amphibians and reptiles, 277 species of birds and 69 different species of mammals. One of the wonders of Japser and it's neighbors is the protection of entire echosystems over protection of some single natural feature.
There are those who think nature is only to be enjoyed during summer months, or for winter snow sports ... I am not that limiting to Mother Nature myself. I enjoy what ever it is she throws my ways -as long as I'm safe :) During this, my first ever trip into the Candadian Rockies, I encountered rain, wind, snow, fog and all sorts of 'summer is ending' weather hints. Despite not having the blue sky in my pictures, I found the beauty enhanced by the otherworldly feeling of the low lying clouds .......
So much of what I saw in the parks are sights that I don't even know the names of!! I took almost every turn out there... more travel advice
Because of the root systems of the pine trees in this region, paths are pretty much everywhere. this also means that it... more travel advice
kymbanm's Related Pages
Jasper National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Wind Whispers Jasper"
- "Crown Jewel of the Canadian National Park System"
- "The beautiful Jasper National Park in Alberta."
- "Jasper, Mother Nature's Masterpiece"
- "WELCOME TO JASPER NATIONAL PARK"
- "A dream come true."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jasper National Park
- Hotels in Jasper National Park
- Transportation in Jasper National Park
- Nightlife in Jasper National Park
- Restaurants in Jasper National Park
- Shopping in Jasper National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Jasper National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jasper National Park
- 15 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Jasper National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jasper National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If you are in Houston ......"
- Commented on one of chewy3326's Jasper National Park travel pages
- updated a Jasper National Park Travel Page "Jaw Dropping Beauty in Jasper"
- Wrote a Review Take your time, and take the turn outs ....... in Jasper National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take your time, and take the turn outs ......."
Photos in Jasper National ParkSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues