Las Vegas Nightlife Tips by kymbanm
Las Vegas Nightlife: 582 reviews and 664 photos
Rain in full swing
I love Rain! First, you enter a mirrored hall. When you exit, you are in the nightclub. To the left is a wall of water, to ahead and to the right is an island/stage surrounded by a moat of water.
The island is the dancefloor when music is being provided by the DJs. The island is the stage when bands are playing.
Regardless of the 'theme' of this island, there are wonderful light effectes that add to the atmosphere. Even I feel like a star dancing there!
I had the pleasure of being invited to hang out there one afternoon while an episode of CSI was being filmed. It was great fun - for a while ... when we got bored, we moved on. Later when the episode was aired ... I glimpsed my legs in the background of a scene .. of course I only saw myself because I taped it and then played it back frame by frame :)
Dress Code: I can't remember what the dress code is right now, but trendy is definitely in :)
Address: 4321 W. Flamingo Road
Directions: Inside the Palms casino
Ghostbar before opening
Okay, so Ghost is on the 55th floor of the Palms. The view is spectacular, and people watching is the best anywhere in Las Vegas. The known mingle with the unknowns (like me) and the atmosphere is fun, light, and a blast!
My best friend got hit on by a hot and famous actor ..... we watched a well known boxer do body shots off the women in his party ...... I watched a soap actor and his wife stand to the side in awe of the action (they had the same looks on their faces as I did!) ....... I laughed as a famous comediene and his posse came through with video cameras and took over the club :) Everytime I go there, I have a new experience!
Dress Code: Trendy and rock star cool.
Address: 4321 W. Flamingo Road
Directions: Atop the Palms Casino
Bathroom at the Mixx
The Mixx is at the top of the new Madalay Bay Tower .... called simply The Hotel ... This is an ultra classy set up, w/ high powered, high profile clientele. The DJ music is energetic, the view from the balcony is inspiring, and (as usual) watching the 'haves' in their natural habitat is so very interesting.
The picture I've added to this tip is of the BATHROOM :) Each stall has a wall/window that overlooks the back of the Mandalay Bay Casino towers. The walls, ceilings, floors and fixtures are a shiny black. The only color is from the tp hanging on the wall. Enlarge the picture and you can see the reflection of the commode in the window ;) So what I'm a bit of a geek, I thought this was cooler than cool .....
I believe the price of admission is a bit steep, my freinds told me it was 25$, but we got in for free w/ 'personal contacts' at the club.
There is also a restaurant, but I don't know anyone who has eaten there yet .... so once I have the scoop, I will let you know :)
Dress Code: Rock star cool to high-roller-business casual.
Address: The west tower of Madalay Bay. AKA: The Hotel
View from the Foundation Room Balcony
The foundation room at the top of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino is wonderful. This is a private club, so you'll need 'connections' to get in ...... from the balcony you'll see the best view of the Las Vegas strip the city has to offer. The decor is fabulous .... very plush, rich fabrics, and wonderful statues throughout. There are private rooms for special parties that require reservations.
People watching is my favorite thing to do here - lots of famous, infamous, and well-to-do folks just lolling about drinking and getting to know one another :)
Dress Code: Trendy to semi-formal - I'm a desert rat, so I consider this a 'dress-up' location - business attire is also acceptable.
Address: Mandaly Bay
Directions: Kiss up to someone who has a membership or access ..... private / exclusive ... you need to be 'on the list' to get in :)
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (17)
kymbanm's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "las vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sai Kung
- Ringlet Hotels
- Kwale Hotels
- Clearfield Junction Hotels
- East Islip Hotels
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 21 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If you are in Houston ......"
- Commented on one of BerniShand's Las Vegas travel pages
- Wrote a Review Getting a marriage license in LV about Weddings in Las Vegas Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Getting a marriage license in LV"
- updated a Las Vegas Travel Page "What happens here, stays here :)"
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Suncoast Hotel and Casino
- 441 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Blair House Suites
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Travelodge Las Vegas South Strip
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Fremont Hotel & Casino
- 304 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf
- 823 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino
- 547 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Texas Station Gambling Hall
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Tropicana
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Budget Suites of America Paradise Road
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jan 29, 2012
- Alexis Park Resort
- 473 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport North Convention Center
- 220 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn-Las Vegas
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Emerald Suites Cameron
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Binions Gambling Hall And Hotel
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Fremont Street Experience- 83 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Venetian Hotel - Casino- 139 Reviews, 306 Photos
- Mirage- 118 Reviews, 199 Photos
- Bellagio Fountains- 134 Reviews, 263 Photos
- MGM Grand- 62 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Caesar's Palace- 95 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Treasure Island Hotel - Casino- 58 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Lake Mead and Hoover Dam- 87 Reviews, 240 Photos
- Luxor- 74 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Stratosphere- 77 Reviews, 117 Photos
See All Las Vegas Things to Do