"It's getting hot in here ......." Top 5 Page for this destination White Sands National Monument by kymbanm

White Sands National Monument Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 288 photos

A short, sweet, and HOT quick stop :)

I was on a road trip w/ a friend and her family - caravaning in 2 cars .... when her father called us and said, "well, if you take exit 6 you can go to White Sands" .... we were off!!! Since we had lost cel signal, we really don't know if this is what he had in mind .... but it certainly was in ours.

Though we only had a VERY short time at the dunes, we took time to walk one pathway, snap some pics, learn some about the region, and then scurry back to the car to resume our travels to El Paso :)

I hope you find the few tips I've put together helpful ..... and do I need to tell you? GO TO WHITE SANDS!!! Though out of the way, so totally worth the effort to get there :)

• Pros:Beautiful - like an alien landscape
  • Cons:Hotter than hot!!!
  • In a nutshell:A worthy detour or destination ;)
  • Last visit to White Sands National Monument: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 25, 2005

• shikokuzen's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2006 at 3:46 AM

I remember being out on the dunes at midnight...........i remember the softness of the sand...like talc..........everyone should visit at least once........

• Darby2's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2006 at 12:41 AM

Looks like a place I'd like to visit. I hope they didn't spoil it with all that missle testing.

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2006 at 3:17 PM

interesting place, looks very off-the-beaten-track...

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2005 at 8:18 AM

Kymba, White Sands National Monument sounds like a must see,especially at sunset. Did I miss in your writings why white sands is a national monument? I will look again. Kat

• jojocan's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2005 at 8:34 PM

So, what did the tape on the porta-potties say???

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Badges & Stats in White Sands National Monument

Have you been to White Sands National Monument?