"My quest in Questa" Questa by kymbanm

Questa Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 237 photos

Why Questa?

Yes, Questa is a bit out of the way (even for New Mexico). But, being off the beaten track is exactly WHY we chose this location for our First EVER VT Artist's Retreat! Okay, it didn't hurt that we had connections at a local retreat center either :)

The town of Questa is small ... and like all small towns everyone knows one another and knows all the gossip. I learned A LOT about the folks of Questa by just chatting with locals as I wandered! I suspect they also learned a bit about me in the process.

This region of New Mexico is special ... and not 'little bus special'! There are little bits of art and creativity everywhere! From mother nature's gifts, and human interpretation, even one room cabins have artistic touches that stand out. When you ask folks about these artsy bits, the locals will tell you not only who did the artwork, but their family history and what they are up to these days :)

Spirituality is a huge part of exploring northern New Mexico. There is a magic in the air that permeates one's soul if one allows. Though hard to describe, this 'thing' is easy to experience ...all one needs to to relax, slow down, and open one's eyes to the region. This opens one's heart to feel the land, the air and then ... magic.

On the property at which we stayed there were bits of such magic for us to see, feel and touch. There was a sacred circle that had been used in the past for prayers and cermonials. The old sweatlodge, made of willows, was still standing near the firepit used to heat the rocks for ceremonials. Outside the entrance of the lodge, a pipe stand to hold sacred pipes.

• Last visit to Questa: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 11, 2006

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Excellent Questa page with terrific tips and lovely photographs! Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 7:25 AM

Sounds like a party snack. :-)

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Save some of that Shaking in your knickers for tonight! ; ) HAVE FUN!

• jelw's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2007 at 5:41 PM

I'm on a Quest...how do I manually get into a thread?

• Little_Lou_Lou's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 2:01 PM

You say that now, but it IS on my thighs and buttocks ;) Funny how they wander off like that!

• jojocan's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 8:06 AM

Nope. Them shoes are mine!!!

• ray_d's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2006 at 12:51 PM

Kym, a toast to you. Your organisation left nothing to chance and yet it kept us occupied and entertained. I still have me beaded necklace.

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2006 at 10:50 PM

looks like VT Artist are having a great time at this retreat :)

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2006 at 7:15 PM

Excellent tips, Kymba. Nice to have an insider's point of view. I'll be looking forward to more of them.

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2006 at 12:43 PM

Wish I could attend.. I make beads & can enjoy knitting projects.. but mostly, I enjoy viewing paintings.. or painting human canvases: applying make-up ! lol... Congrats Miss Organizer !

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Badges & Stats in Questa