"My quest in Questa" Questa by kymbanm
Questa Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 237 photos
Yes, Questa is a bit out of the way (even for New Mexico). But, being off the beaten track is exactly WHY we chose this location for our First EVER VT Artist's Retreat! Okay, it didn't hurt that we had connections at a local retreat center either :)
The town of Questa is small ... and like all small towns everyone knows one another and knows all the gossip. I learned A LOT about the folks of Questa by just chatting with locals as I wandered! I suspect they also learned a bit about me in the process.
This region of New Mexico is special ... and not 'little bus special'! There are little bits of art and creativity everywhere! From mother nature's gifts, and human interpretation, even one room cabins have artistic touches that stand out. When you ask folks about these artsy bits, the locals will tell you not only who did the artwork, but their family history and what they are up to these days :)
Spirituality is a huge part of exploring northern New Mexico. There is a magic in the air that permeates one's soul if one allows. Though hard to describe, this 'thing' is easy to experience ...all one needs to to relax, slow down, and open one's eyes to the region. This opens one's heart to feel the land, the air and then ... magic.
On the property at which we stayed there were bits of such magic for us to see, feel and touch. There was a sacred circle that had been used in the past for prayers and cermonials. The old sweatlodge, made of willows, was still standing near the firepit used to heat the rocks for ceremonials. Outside the entrance of the lodge, a pipe stand to hold sacred pipes.
This region is so spectacularly beautiful ... in a high desert/mountain sort-of-way. How can you NOT wander about???... more travel advice
How can I get someone who hasn't had this wonderful food to understand just how yummy this local delicacy tastes!... more travel advice
kymbanm's Related Pages
Questa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VT Artists Retreat and Associated Road Trips"
- "My quest in Questa"
- "First Annual VT Artist's Meet in Questa, NM"
- "Questa, New Mexico"
- "Ray’s Questa."
- "Basaic Questa Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Questa
- Hotels in Questa
- Transportation in Questa
- Nightlife in Questa
- Restaurants in Questa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Questa
- 10 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Questa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Questa
Photos in QuestaSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues