"A charming village just minutes from ABQ" Corrales by kymbanm
Corrales Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 25 photos
Corrales is surrounded by urban living - yet remains soft and rural in it's own nature.
Folks smile as you pass, the houses range from new buildlings, centuries old adobe homes, to ever present in rural Americn trailer homes. Dirt roads, green trees, waterways, horses, and all those bits of country life - all located just a short distance from the city.
My family has called Corrales home for the past 15 years. The wonderful surroundings, and the charming people who are here make this a very special place to live.
I you want to read a little page that provides you with a real FEELING of being in Corrales ... check out Peachitish's Corrales page ...... it is so real, my eyes tear with emotion as I read ...
The bosque is pronounced 'boss-kay', and refers to the green strip of growth that hugs the banks of the Rio Grande. Being surrounded by desert, this type of growth stands out ... you can smell the life....
I took this particular photo outside my parent's driveway. The little dragonfly was a surprise :) Usually, I just come across toads .... lots of toads .....
Since the cocerns with West Nile virus erupted out here a few years ago, the village has been regularly spraying to keep the mosquito population down. As a result, the local toads have suffered.
A few have moved into my parent's yard, and now have been around for at least a couple of toad generations. During times of low food availability, Momma-Misha buys meal worms and hand feeds these critters with a special pair of chop sticks .... hence the recently changed name of their home: Toad Hollow :)
Wow, my dad insisted on going to this restaurant for Father's day - I'm so glad I let him have his way! This little... more travel advice
A fancy bike, or a run down bike will serve you well out here. Though be aware, the best riding spots are dirt :) You... more travel advice
kymbanm's Related Pages
Corrales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A charming village just minutes from ABQ"
- "CORRALES, NEW MEXICO"
- "The Emerald in the Rough"
- "Speed traps and Cops want your money"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corrales
- Transportation in Corrales
- Restaurants in Corrales
- Warnings and Dangers in Corrales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Corrales
- 11 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Corrales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corrales
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Remembering our beloved..."
- updated a Corrales Travel Page "A charming village just minutes from ABQ"
- Commented on one of peachitish's Corrales travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Greetings from Toad Hollow"
- Wrote a Review Run up the hill to Rio Rancho! in Corrales Restaurants
Photos in CorralesSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues