"Small town NM .... sort of :)" Bernalillo by kymbanm
Bernalillo Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 13 photos
Bernalillo is best known to locals as the location of their favorite local event ... the annual Bernalillo Wine Festival :)
In addition to this particular bit of enjoyment, Bernalillo is a wonderful place to spend part of a day ..... it is a study in they way times change. Part small town, part suburb of Rio Rancho, this town has a little bit of everything most New Mexico travelers are searching for in one compact location.
Bernalillo also boasts the original location of The Range restaurant, Coronado State Monument, Santa Ana Star Casino, and several local galleries.
It is also the gateway to Cuba, Jemez and Zia Pueblos, Chaco Canyon, Farmington, Four Corners, and the southern entrance into the Jemez Mountains and Bandalier National Park.
Another little tidbit of history ..... Camino Del Pueblo, the main street in Bernalillo, has also been known as Route 66, El Camino Real and old Highway 85. If you wander into this town, you'll be wandering a piece of history.
One of my best friends lives here .... so give me time to stop playing and actually start page building :)
In the meantime, here's my attempt to try and dispell some confusion. Albuquerque is in Bernalillo County. The town of Bernalillo is in Sandoval County.
Diffculty: Easy. Distance: 2 miles minimum Take I-25 north from Albuquerque. Take the Hwy 550 (West) exit and drive... more travel advice
Puni Views Hike: Moderate difficulty, miles minimum. Moderate d/t some steep grades w/ loose rocks. Take I-25 north... more travel advice
kymbanm's Related Pages
Bernalillo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Small town NM .... sort of :)"
- "Bernalillo, New Mexico"
- "Basaic Bernalillo Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bernalillo
- Hotels in Bernalillo
- Transportation in Bernalillo
- Restaurants in Bernalillo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bernalillo
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bernalillo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bernalillo
Photos in BernalilloSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (72)
Latest Bernalillo hotel reviews
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort And Spa
- 604 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013