"Small town NM .... sort of :)" Bernalillo by kymbanm

Bernalillo Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 13 photos

Bernalillo is best known to locals as the location of their favorite local event ... the annual Bernalillo Wine Festival :)

In addition to this particular bit of enjoyment, Bernalillo is a wonderful place to spend part of a day ..... it is a study in they way times change. Part small town, part suburb of Rio Rancho, this town has a little bit of everything most New Mexico travelers are searching for in one compact location.

Tidbits ......

Bernalillo also boasts the original location of The Range restaurant, Coronado State Monument, Santa Ana Star Casino, and several local galleries.

It is also the gateway to Cuba, Jemez and Zia Pueblos, Chaco Canyon, Farmington, Four Corners, and the southern entrance into the Jemez Mountains and Bandalier National Park.

Another little tidbit of history ..... Camino Del Pueblo, the main street in Bernalillo, has also been known as Route 66, El Camino Real and old Highway 85. If you wander into this town, you'll be wandering a piece of history.

Clarifications :)

One of my best friends lives here .... so give me time to stop playing and actually start page building :)

In the meantime, here's my attempt to try and dispell some confusion. Albuquerque is in Bernalillo County. The town of Bernalillo is in Sandoval County.

• Intro Updated Jul 11, 2005

• jelw's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Didn't they teach you at little lamb that "practice makes perfect"

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 6:50 PM

I was just there! great food.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2006 at 9:22 AM

Kymba, I see you made it to the Ojito. Outstanding tips! I had to look up what hoodoos are. BTW, stacked stones in Thailand mean "I shall return." At least that was what I was told at Phu Kradung.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2005 at 10:51 PM

Yes I can - pseudomonas areoginosa :-) why ? its some aerob bacteria, but I don't know which one, gramnegative I remember - hihi, I did work on ICU during studying and loved it :-) BTW: Bernalillo is very beautiful :-))) homesick !!!

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Badges & Stats in Bernalillo

Have you been to Bernalillo?

Latest Activity in Bernalillo