"One of our 50 is missing ......" Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque by kymbanm
Albuquerque Travel Guide: 772 reviews and 1,599 photos
So, I live out here in Albuquerque, New Mexico in the USA. It is a dry heat, and a beautiful place to call home.
I can tell you a bit about the place I call home. I love the various cultures around the city. We have several active Native American pueblos and tribes in the immediate area. The Hispanic culture is different here than anywhere else. 'Spanglish' is spoken everywhere by everyone. I am about an hour from Santa Fe, which is a wonderful blend of many local cultures.
One of our state Magazines has a section devoted to stories of others not recognizing that New Mexico is one of the 50 United States ... hence the title of my page :)
Albuquerque has the only major airport in New Mexico, so is the starting point for many out of towners. Unfortunately, it's hard to find driving itineraries on the internet for this region.
Therefore, I am contemplating a new page. I'm planning to become a 'local tourist' and take day and weekend trips from my home here in Albuquerque. I'll be posting the itineraries and the fun of touring as they occur.
These tours will be posted my 'off the beaten track' tips, and repeated in my New Mexico page and tips.
If you are interested in Southwestern US legends, check out my New Mexico Legends travelogue!! So for I've collected 'The Seven Cities of Gold', 'Kokopelli', 'La Llorona', 'Chupacabra', 'Jackalope' and 'The ghost of White Sands'. I"ll be adding more as I learn more :)
I am also a rabid supporter of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta! The 2006 Balloon Fiesta had about 700 registered hot air balloons, 94 special shape balloons and over 800,000 visitors and volunteers, and 812 media representatives. Our next fiesta, will launch October 6 – October 14, 2007.
Thanks for letting me share my home with you ... :)
It took a VTer passing through ABQ for me to even know about this little thing ...... Did YOU know that this spot on the UNM campus is actually the Center of the Universe????
- Pros:Long empty distances between sights ....
- Cons:Long, empty distances between sights ....
- In a nutshell:Variety, cultural richness, beauty ...
Duke City Fix is a local website with contributions by and for locals. There is the quirky, the artistic, the political,... more travel advice
AS OF OCTOBER 2007 THIS BUSINESS IS CLOSED, BUT I'M LEAVING THIS TIP US CUZ I LIKE IT :) THANKS ALBUQ_RAY FOR LETTING ME... more travel advice
- See All Crosses along the road ....
- See All Be careful where you park!
- See All The Best Piercing Studio in Albuquerque!
kymbanm's Related Pages
Albuquerque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of our 50 is missing ......"
- "Albuquerque - Where I Live and What to See and Do"
- "Ever Expanding"
- "Albuquerque, New Mexico"
- "Albuquerque - It's a great place!"
- "Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta-Festival Extraordinaire"
- "A place to celebrate"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albuquerque
- Hotels in Albuquerque
- Transportation in Albuquerque
- Nightlife in Albuquerque
- Restaurants in Albuquerque
- Shopping in Albuquerque
- Warnings and Dangers in Albuquerque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albuquerque
- 45 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 94 Forum posts
- 65 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Albuquerque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albuquerque
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Remembering our beloved..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of our 50 is missing ......"
- updated a Albuquerque Travel Page "One of our 50 is missing ......"
- Commented on one of AlbuqRay's Albuquerque travel pages
- Wrote a Review A wonderful online local's guide: Duke City Fix about Local Publications in Albuquerque Favorites
Photos in AlbuquerqueSee All Photos (114)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues