"One of our 50 is missing ......" Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque by kymbanm

Albuquerque Travel Guide: 775 reviews and 1,613 photos

The Real Wild Wild West ......

So, I live out here in Albuquerque, New Mexico in the USA. It is a dry heat, and a beautiful place to call home.

I can tell you a bit about the place I call home. I love the various cultures around the city. We have several active Native American pueblos and tribes in the immediate area. The Hispanic culture is different here than anywhere else. 'Spanglish' is spoken everywhere by everyone. I am about an hour from Santa Fe, which is a wonderful blend of many local cultures.

A new direction ....

One of our state Magazines has a section devoted to stories of others not recognizing that New Mexico is one of the 50 United States ... hence the title of my page :)

Albuquerque has the only major airport in New Mexico, so is the starting point for many out of towners. Unfortunately, it's hard to find driving itineraries on the internet for this region.

Therefore, I am contemplating a new page. I'm planning to become a 'local tourist' and take day and weekend trips from my home here in Albuquerque. I'll be posting the itineraries and the fun of touring as they occur.

These tours will be posted my 'off the beaten track' tips, and repeated in my New Mexico page and tips.

If you are interested in Southwestern US legends, check out my New Mexico Legends travelogue!! So for I've collected 'The Seven Cities of Gold', 'Kokopelli', 'La Llorona', 'Chupacabra', 'Jackalope' and 'The ghost of White Sands'. I"ll be adding more as I learn more :)

I am also a rabid supporter of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta! The 2006 Balloon Fiesta had about 700 registered hot air balloons, 94 special shape balloons and over 800,000 visitors and volunteers, and 812 media representatives. Our next fiesta, will launch October 6 – October 14, 2007.

Thanks for letting me share my home with you ... :)

The Center of the Universe

It took a VTer passing through ABQ for me to even know about this little thing ...... Did YOU know that this spot on the UNM campus is actually the Center of the Universe????

• Pros:Long empty distances between sights ....
  • Cons:Long, empty distances between sights ....
  • In a nutshell:Variety, cultural richness, beauty ...
  • Intro Updated Dec 18, 2009

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Thank you - lots of great tips for our trip to Albuquerque and New Mexico next month. I especially appreciated the info on NM cuisine (can't wait to try it!) Also enjoyed your suggestions for side trips. We'll be touring, and Madrid and Chimayo sound just the sort of places we like to stop off in :-)

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Great page! Nicely written tips with lots of information. Hoping to be here this November. Gillybob greetings

• Little_Lou_Lou's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2008 at 7:54 AM

I didn't forget, it has just been really crazy around here. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2008 at 3:52 PM

I am waiting for one too. I hope it gets here before June 2009 when he turns 18.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Thank you, Kymba!!!!

• Feb 12, 2008 at 5:32 PM

I'm really enjoying reading about the road trips. They are very interesting.

• shohman's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2008 at 5:11 PM

I once had an erotic film festival in my house, but I was the only attendee :/

• monina_c's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Kymba! I am so excited I am attending my first Balloon Fiesta this February!

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2007 at 6:47 PM

Hi, Kymba! I had to go to the south valley today, so I thought I would try Chicago Beef. Unfortunately it has gone out of business or moved from its Isleta Blvd. site.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2007 at 1:30 PM

We're traveling to ALBQ. for the balloon festival this year with friends. You did a great job promoting this great event, Kym! Thanks for the tips...

kymbanm Lives Here!

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Badges & Stats in Albuquerque

Have you been to Albuquerque?