"Vibrant History and Culture at Sky City" Top 5 Page for this destination Acoma Pueblo by kymbanm
Acoma Pueblo Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 131 photos
Though I don't get out there often enough, I find a special sort of peace when I do take the time to drive those 50 or so miles out to Acoma. There is something about the people, the landscape, the architecture ........ I can't even begin to but it all into words.
I can remember the feeling ... of peace, comfort, and wonder at this marvelous city ... part childlike wonder, part adult spiritual centering ...... this is a place I love. I made it out here again with a friend from Wisconsin. She used to live in Albuqeruque, but had NEVER made it to Acoma. So for this visit, we went and experienced this wonderful place together ....
My sister grew up in and around Albuquerque - but couldn't remember ever coming up to Acoma. So, today was the day!
We both shared in the tour, food, and company ... in the process I think she caught a glimpse of her own forgotten heritage.
The beauty of Acoma is in the dirt, rock, wood and love of this piece of land in the sky ...... and the people believe this piece of land loves them too ... this mutual respect shows in every step you take as you tour Sky City ......
- Pros:Awfully close to heaven ....
- Cons:Awfully far from much else :)
- In a nutshell:Worth the time .... just GO!!!!!!
After your guided tour of Acoma, you are given several choices. You can ask for the vendor guide to go back to the local... more travel advice
February -- Governor's Feast at Old Acoma March/April -- Easter Celebration at Acomita and McCartys. Usually closed at... more travel advice
kymbanm's Related Pages
Acoma Pueblo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vibrant History and Culture at Sky City"
- "A place prepared"
- "Acoma, Oldest Continously Inhabited City in U.S."
- "Haak’u: A Place Prepared"
- "Pueblo Of Acoma: Sky City"
- "Oldest Continually Inhabited Town in the USA"
- "ACOMA PUEBLO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Acoma Pueblo
- Transportation in Acoma Pueblo
- Restaurants in Acoma Pueblo
- Shopping in Acoma Pueblo
- Warnings and Dangers in Acoma Pueblo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Acoma Pueblo
- 18 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Acoma Pueblo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Acoma Pueblo
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Remembering our beloved..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grinding Stones ....."
- Commented on one of Ken_Weaver's Acoma Pueblo travel pages
- Wrote a Review Walk the ancient way .... in Acoma Pueblo Things to Do
- updated a Acoma Pueblo Travel Page "Vibrant History and Culture at Sky City"
Photos in Acoma PuebloSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues