"The Wonder of Alberta" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta by kymbanm

Province of Alberta Travel Guide: 4,967 reviews and 10,531 photos

What can I say about my short, but wonderful visit to the Province of Alberta? Hmmmm.
Green
Moist
Colder than home
Warm hearted people
Wide open spaces
Nature
Wildlife

Okay, I'm warming up now ....

More than the parks .... but the parks are amazing

When I discovered I would be wandering through Alberta as a solo traveler .... I began to think ..... what did I really want to see?

I looked at a map, and began to notice a lot of Provincial parks, and wilderness areas that I hadn't been aware of before, so I decided to check in with locals and decide as I went along what my itinerary would be. Let me tell you, that was the best decision I have ever made!!!

I was nervous ... this was the first time I had driven in another country. Okay, so it was the same continent, and we all drive on the same side of the road .... but it was different. REALLY different .....

And the people made it extra special :)

I have to say, in all honesty, that the people I got to spend time with made this trip so much more special!! I had the pleasure of meeting and eating with MadamX of Calgary, hanging out with Jojocan and her roomies (and yes, Conor is just as charming in person as she portrays in her pages), and spending time with Edmonton's 2 Davids ...... DavidKeeling and Darby2!

• Last visit to Province of Alberta: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 15, 2006

Travelogues (1)

• oldentrance's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Nice horses running at large along the Brule Road near Solomon Creek, several kms from Old Entrance turn off.

• zampieri's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 9:42 AM

really nice picts.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2007 at 6:18 AM

Oh My. You had a GREAT birthday. You deserve it too, Kymba! I'm glad you are getting earthly treasures and delights about now! ENJOY IT!!!! ; )

• jelw's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 7:37 PM

Well this sicko is heading to bed. Maybe I'll get lucky and my husband will deflower this virginal bastion of sobriety.

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 6:42 PM

I liked very much what you done with stargazer haha,I do similar too at VT meetings so be carefull next time we are at the same vt meeting haha ;-))

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 1:00 PM

A very beautiful province indeed

• Feb 26, 2007 at 10:33 AM

I have to agree 100%..the campground and roadside potties in Canada are wonderful, clean, well stocked and most of all handy!!!!!

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 7:21 PM

Well I hope his pickle was at least kosher...

• funnybeee's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2006 at 9:45 PM

Mom's dishes are the best! Dazzler has to work... and yes they have met! Beee

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2006 at 6:41 PM

Thanks for all the tips and the wonderful pictures.. May be visiting Alberta and Banff in Late september this year so browsing through some of the pages.. Thanks for sharing what you know!!

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Badges & Stats in Province of Alberta

Have you been to Province of Alberta?