"One of our 50 is missing!" Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico by kymbanm
New Mexico Travel Guide: 4,229 reviews and 10,430 photos
Yes, NEW Mexico, the 47th US state ;) New Mexico is the 5th-largest state in the nation. With fewer than 2 million people, you'll easily find wide open spaces and some solitude without trying too hard.
New Mexico is a blend of local cultures: Native American, Hispanic and Anglo. Each of these cultures includes many sub-cultures with their own ideas of language, art, and life. Experiencing New Mexico means experiencing each of these cultures on their own terms .....
A variety of cultures has led to unique art forms and culinary treats. One such local treat is the use of chile .... hence our state question: Red or Green? that diners are asked almost everywhere ...... you'll be offered chile on your eggs, burgers, steak, chicken, and just about everything you are served. The two local styles of chile are unique to New Mexico and refer to red or green chile ;)
Another plus: Of the 7 life zones on earth - we can claim 6: Lower Sonoran, Upper Sonoran, Transitional, Canadian, Hudsonian, Alpine. So in addition to beautiful vistas, this diversity makes for a wealth of recreational options, as well as animal life. You'll find the Rocky Mountain range in the northern part of our state and the northern reaches of the Chihuahuan Desert in the southern. There are over one hundred lakes and rivers, 13 National Monuments and Parks, 29 State Parks, 5 National Forests, 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites, 19 Native American Pueblos, several non-pueblo Native American communities, and 12 ski areas to keep you entertained.
I already have pages on several areas in my state that I have enjoyed, but decided I needed a place for information that is more 'road trip' related .... you know, to pull it all together so to speak. So, here is my feeble attempt at a New Mexico page .... lets see if it works as I envision ;)
If you are interested in Southwestern US legends, check out my New Mexico Legends travelogue!! So for I've collected 'The Seven Cities of Gold', 'Kokopelli', 'La Llorona', 'Chupacabra', 'Jackalope' and 'The ghost of White Sands'. I"ll be adding more as I learn more :)
You'll find my road trips usually have Albuquerque as my starting point, and ending point ......
For the airline traveler, you'll be landing in Albuquerque. If you are driving through on either I-25 or I-40, they intersect in Albuquerque so ..... either way, you'll probably end up at least passing through my hometown.
One of the most amazing things at the Santuario de Chimayo is the shear number of homemade crosses that adorn the... more travel advice
Chimayo is a small town in Northern New Mexico. The first settlers came here after the Pueblo Revolt (1680-1692) for the... more travel advice
kymbanm's Related Pages
New Mexico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Enchantment"
- "New Mexico, Earth, But Out of this World"
- "One of our 50 is missing!"
- "UNIQUE CULTURE AMONGST SOUTHWEST GRANDUER"
- "Land of Varied Scenery"
- "New Mexican Legends ...."
- "Our Land of Enchantment"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Mexico
- Hotels in New Mexico
- Transportation in New Mexico
- Nightlife in New Mexico
- Restaurants in New Mexico
- Shopping in New Mexico
- Warnings and Dangers in New Mexico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Mexico
- 184 Reviews
- 506 Photos
- 131 Forum posts
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to New Mexico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Mexico
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Remembering our beloved..."
- Commented on one of jojocan's New Mexico travel pages
- updated a New Mexico Travelogue "Balloon Crewing in 2007"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Balloon Crewing in 2007"
- Wrote a Review Leave a cross after making a request .... in New Mexico Local Customs
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues