"One of our 50 is missing!" Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico by kymbanm

New Mexico Travel Guide: 4,211 reviews and 10,335 photos

A bit about New Mexico

Yes, NEW Mexico, the 47th US state ;) New Mexico is the 5th-largest state in the nation. With fewer than 2 million people, you'll easily find wide open spaces and some solitude without trying too hard.

New Mexico is a blend of local cultures: Native American, Hispanic and Anglo. Each of these cultures includes many sub-cultures with their own ideas of language, art, and life. Experiencing New Mexico means experiencing each of these cultures on their own terms .....

A variety of cultures has led to unique art forms and culinary treats. One such local treat is the use of chile .... hence our state question: Red or Green? that diners are asked almost everywhere ...... you'll be offered chile on your eggs, burgers, steak, chicken, and just about everything you are served. The two local styles of chile are unique to New Mexico and refer to red or green chile ;)

Another plus: Of the 7 life zones on earth - we can claim 6: Lower Sonoran, Upper Sonoran, Transitional, Canadian, Hudsonian, Alpine. So in addition to beautiful vistas, this diversity makes for a wealth of recreational options, as well as animal life. You'll find the Rocky Mountain range in the northern part of our state and the northern reaches of the Chihuahuan Desert in the southern. There are over one hundred lakes and rivers, 13 National Monuments and Parks, 29 State Parks, 5 National Forests, 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites, 19 Native American Pueblos, several non-pueblo Native American communities, and 12 ski areas to keep you entertained.

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!

I already have pages on several areas in my state that I have enjoyed, but decided I needed a place for information that is more 'road trip' related .... you know, to pull it all together so to speak. So, here is my feeble attempt at a New Mexico page .... lets see if it works as I envision ;)

If you are interested in Southwestern US legends, check out my New Mexico Legends travelogue!! So for I've collected 'The Seven Cities of Gold', 'Kokopelli', 'La Llorona', 'Chupacabra', 'Jackalope' and 'The ghost of White Sands'. I"ll be adding more as I learn more :)

My home .....

You'll find my road trips usually have Albuquerque as my starting point, and ending point ......

For the airline traveler, you'll be landing in Albuquerque. If you are driving through on either I-25 or I-40, they intersect in Albuquerque so ..... either way, you'll probably end up at least passing through my hometown.

• Intro Updated Dec 27, 2006

• shohman's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I'm going to NM this summer :)

• Katsnake's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM

the photo of the snake is not a king snake but the most common snake in the Desert Southwest, a Gophersnake, sometimes called a bullsnake (related to Gophersnakes) They are non-venomous.

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 4:32 PM

I don't know of anything you have shared yet. Give me a hint.

• Doctor38's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 9:02 AM

I have never been to New Mexio. I think you guys have the coolist car plates among the 50 states. I am taking a tour at your page

• jojocan's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 8:41 AM

Thats what I was going for - clean and natural on my page. I figure, thats really what New Mexico was, wide open spaces, nothing to see, etc, that thats what I should try to convey.

• terps94's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2007 at 4:10 PM

I'm gonna try to sneak out there so you can be my wing-woman and show me the true ways of VT, hahaha

• jelw's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 7:29 PM

ROTFLMAO we are both on the same page. When my Danny boy walked in the room I told him to drop em'...NOW!

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 7:30 PM

I no longer build pages. That whats Google is for...Hugs and forgive me for being a VT ass

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2006 at 6:52 AM

Don't drink, thus the soda and lime :o) Maybe they'll whip up a virgin margarita for me!!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2006 at 2:04 PM

A very interesting place = I like road trips too!

kymbanm Used To Live Here!

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Badges & Stats in New Mexico

Have you been to New Mexico?