"Goodbye Gentle Kinga ...." Europe by kymbanm

Europe Travel Guide: 691,017 reviews and 1,845,859 photos

Led to her Destiny .....

As I sit here with tears in my eyes, and sadness in my heart, I remember Kinga Freespirit and all the lessons she taught us. Her lessons weren't in a classroom. She taught us by example. Her life mission was to experience all the goodness in the world... the people, the animals and the earth itself. Though I greive, I know she is still the light-filled spirit she has always been ... only now she is true spirit and no longer earthbound.

Though Africa is where she left this earth, Africa had long had her heart. I vicariously joined in her journey through her personal pages and emails.... Her stories touched my soul .... when she ended up in the same part of Africa as 2 other 'hardcore' female hitch-hikers ... Her desire to ride a white camel,through Africa .. saving a lovely pup from abuse and finding him a new home several countries later .... 'buying' a young girl out of slavery and returning her to the family who missed her . These are all lessons of just the past few months of her final earthly journey.

Kinga's African Journey

Prior to this adventure, Kinga inspired us as she and her love, Chopin, hitch-hiked around the world. She shared her thoughts and images of this amazing journey through her book, Led By Destiny. Through her pictures and her musings, I learned to expect good in all things, and to focus on the positive in life. I also learned it is advantageous to take the path set before one ... even if it is full of potholes and lined with guerillas :)

The quote she has on her website that strikes me as most fitting today is, "Freedom! - Tame birds sing in cages - Wild ones fly free."

I can only hope I remember her lessons, and live my life through her example. Kinga, I will miss you on this plane of existence .... but Nirvana is blessed to have you. I only hope our paths will cross during your next incarnation. Until then, Kinga just fly free!

June, 2006

Kinga's Funeral in Ghana

Kinga's Funeral in Poland

VT threads related to Kinga's illness:
Beach Dog's thread
Kymba's Thread
Boutahas' Thread
Jennifflower's Thread

Malaria Information from the CDC

All the pictures on this page are from Kinga's website and other internet sources.....

Dear Kymba,
Dear Friends of Virtual Tourists!
We are glad to inform you that the Freespirit Foundation has been registered and will launch in February!

We have established this Foundation to continue the mission of Kinga Freespirit - a great traveler, free spirit and an exceptional human being. Since Africa was so special to her, and African children so close to her heart, we decided to concentrate our activity mainly on creating educational opportunities for those children, giving them chances for progress. We also wish to promote universal human values, to work for better understanding between people from different cultures and traditions, and to inspire everyone to fulfill their life dreams - just as Kinga used to do.
Our website is currently under construction, but very soon you will be able to find more at Foundation Website. You are all welcome to share your ideas and participate in our projects!
www.kingafreespirit.pl

The inaugural event for the Foundation is scheduled for 16 February 2007
and will take place in Gdańsk. We plan to start at 6 pm with the official part, which will include a multimedia presentation of Kinga's photographs from her African journey, and a reading of fragments of her diary. Later during the evening, we plan a little bit of a show, an artistic life performance and a charity concert, as well as a photo exhibition. We would be really happy if you could join us on that very special occasion!
Sending my warm regards.
Krystyna - Founder of Freespirit Foudation

Word from Kinga's Family:

October, 2006
Dear Friends of Virtual Tourists !

The other day a colourful wooden butterfly appeared on Kinga's grave. It looks so incredibly beautiful... What a wonderful idea, I thought ! Buttterflies for Kinga ! So breathtakingly beautiful, unequivocally free ....What a perfect symbolism for Kinga! So I went to a florist and also bought a little butterfly which I put on the tree we planted by Kinga's grave. It's autumn so all leafs have fallen, so there is definitely space for some more of these splendid butterflies.

1th November, All Saints', it's a special day, we visit graves , we honour everybody who was close and special forus. Thoughts of a lot of people will definitely be with Kinga this day. Many of them won't be able to light a candle on Kinga's grave,as they are so far. Wouldn't it be fitting to allow them to be nearer to Kinga on this special day?

Do you like the idea with butterfly ? I think that it would be wonderful if people from all around the world could send butterflies. With hundreds butterflies on it, Kinga's grave looks as exceptional as Kinga was. Could you imagine it ?

If you think that it's a good idea we can spread the concept.

We have good news about Freespirit Foundation and I'll write everything soon.

Thank you so much for being ready to help us.
Love,

Krystyna Choszcz
ul. Cebertowicza 11/23
80-809 Gdansk
Poland
If you'd like to keep tabs on the fledgling Freespirit Foundation .......

July, 2006
Dear friends of Virtual Tourist,

Exactly one month passed... An overwhelming feeling of togetherness and inconsolable sorrow was experienced at Kinga's funeral. Never in our lives, we felt closer to the Divine, never before we were so touched by the gigantic public display of commotion in memory of our beloved Kinga in such picturesque surroundings.

So exceptional meeting hundreds people from all the world in the same old so beautiful church where we had marriage 33 years ago... the same organ, but music other...

The warm and tender atmosphere inside the church was suited perfectly for the occasion, it was a beautiful and bittersweet day...Our hearts were full of pain, but our souls were rejoicing in the knowledge that we would accompany Kinga in her last and more significant journey. The tenderly orchestrated sound of a soprano's voice melted our hardship, we felt like singing in unison our unblemished sentiment for our beloved...We cried... but our tears were scintillating in the echo of the splendid hymns and chants that were performed, we could all feel Kinga's spirit hovering above us, her presence was undeniable and comforting, some glinted their eyes as a vision of a smiling white camel was forming before us... She will never be far away from our hearts, we will still see her riding the waves of the sky for eternity....

Dear Kymba,
In the aftermath of Kinga's ceremony, as our hearts are still painfully coming to terms with our tremendous loss, we take this opportunity to inform you that we have finally taken the initial steps to establish a charity to procrastinate Kinga's efforts. As you appreciate, our efforts have to contend with a number of obstacles along the way, although the enthusiasm of all the parties involved is a certainty. We kindly suggest you might want to consider contributing to this blossoming cause with the funds you so generously collected for Kinga's medical care at the time of her ordeal. Whilst we invoke your continuous patience, we promise to keep you abreast of any developments in our quest to set the charity up, in the hope that considerable progress can be made in the shortest of time.

Warm greetings from blazing Poland,
Krystyna & Renardo Choszcz

• Intro Updated Feb 13, 2007

• Aug 8, 2008 at 5:59 AM

Reading these pages now put a smile on my face. She realy was something special!

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 4:38 AM

A better what? You forget how short my memory is.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Hi Kymba This is a great page and tribute to Kinga I kept all Kinga's E-mails of her journey in my inbox I am sure you did as well About Katmo & Saucie and Beee and Beach Doggie I miss that fun we all had Kymba

• tranceperent's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 9:54 PM

kinga will always live around us...

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2006 at 3:00 AM

What a great tribute to Kinga ! when the world would consist only of people like her, there would be no wars and trouble...

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2006 at 1:11 PM

Kymbanm, What a lovely and heartwarming tribute to Kinga. Thank you so much. Greetings from Ireland

• preadhead's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2006 at 7:15 AM

Thanks Kymba. I'll always respond when I hear that name now. "Kinga Freespirit". I really look forward to the charity being set up. Love from Australia. Helen

• Belsaita's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2006 at 2:36 AM

Thanks for sharing

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2006 at 12:22 AM

Very moving - thanks for this xx

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 10:03 PM

how truly beautiful..I wished I could have met her..

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Badges & Stats in Europe