"Land of the Divine Mad Man" Bhutan by Mateosh
Bhutan Travel Guide: 216 reviews and 803 photos
The symbol of the *** behind me is painted on many of the doors and house fronts in Bhutan. It was exclplained to me that this is a symbol of fertility and protection against evil spirits. This photo was taken in Laya near the Tibeten border.
In Bhutan I completed a ten day trek from Tashitang to Laya and back via Gasa, and the Gasa Hot Springs. Then I visited the Temple of the Divine Mad Man and spent 1 night in Thimphu.
Mateosh's Related Pages
Bhutan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Falling in love with a country"
- "BHUTAN - the last true illusion of the Himalaya"
- "Land of the Thunder Dragon"
- "Into the Last Himalayan Buddhist Kingdom"
- "Another world"
- "Bhutan Trip"
- "A TRIP TO SHANGRI-LA*** BHUTAN, THE DRAGON KINGDOM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bhutan
- Hotels in Bhutan
- Transportation in Bhutan
- Nightlife in Bhutan
- Restaurants in Bhutan
- Shopping in Bhutan
- Warnings and Dangers in Bhutan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bhutan
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bhutan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bhutan
Top 10 Pages
- Iran Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cameroon Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Romania Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Mexicali Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Florida Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burma Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Yemen Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue