"Out in the blue" Masai Mara Game Reserve by anders1975
Masai Mara Game Reserve Travel Guide: 522 reviews and 1,637 photos
Our introduction to a two weeks stay in Kenya was the safari. A four day tour in Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru tailored by ourselves.
Prices are always a question, so here is our itinerary, so that you can compare and judge yourself. We decided to have one night in a tented camp and two nights at luxury lodges:
Monday: Leaving Nairobi at 7:30 am. Drive through the Great Rift Valley. Lunch en route. Arriving at Simons Camp at 2pm. Rest a couple of hours and then head off for an afternoon game viewing in the Maasai Mara reserve. Dinner at Simons camp at 8pm
Tuesday: Morning game viweing in Maasai Mara. Lunch in Simons camp and then leaving for a luxury lodge, Sarova Mara Lodge, situated inside the reserve. In the afternoon we went back to the dusty roads searching for animals. Staying at Sarova Mara Lodge overnight.
Wednesday: After breakfast (at 8am) game viewing en route to Lake Nakuru. We brought lunch boxes from Sarova Mara. Our new lodge was also inside the game reserve so it was a short game drive on arrival at the Lake Nakuru park. At 4pm we went for afternoon game viewing. The dinner and overning in Sarova Lion Hill Lodge.
Thursday: After breakfast game drive in Lake Nakuru. Lunch at the lodge. Then driving back to Nairobi at 2pm arriving in the capital around 5pm.
We paid 470 USD per person for this schedule all inclusive (all meals, all fees and transport in a 4WD safari minibus for the four of us only). Well, the driver of course expects a tip after the safari ends.
We got different offers, but chose to go with Breakaway Tour and Travel. We were very happy with the guide (Mr Elly) and the company's service and professional handling. We booked through Mr Grey at email@example.com
We got to see all the big five thanks to our superb guide Elly. The lepard was the hardest one to spot. Luckily we saw one in the tree upon leaving Lake Nakuru game reserve. The four others were in Maasai Mara.
anders1975's Related Pages
Masai Mara Game Reserve Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Masai Mara"
- "Croc & Wilderbeast Battle / Mara River 10/19/05"
- "Magical Masai Mara"
- "Plains of Passage"
- "How to See Masai Mara Game Reserve On Your Own"
- "Masai Mara - Migration and More"
- "Masai Mara Game Reserve"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Hotels in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Transportation in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Nightlife in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Restaurants in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Shopping in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Warnings and Dangers in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Masai Mara Game Reserve?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Masai Mara Game Reserve
Photos in Masai Mara Game ReserveSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Ko Chang Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cognac Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Oman Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krong Preah Seihanu Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Panglao Island Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Khett Kaoh Kong 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Krakow Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
Latest Masai Mara Game Reserve hotel reviews
- Keekorok Lodge
- 337 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Fig Tree Camp
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club
- 205 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Mara Explorer Camp
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Mara Simba Lodge
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Mara Sopa Lodge
- 239 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Mara Buffalo Camp
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2009
- Naibor Camp
- 160 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp
- 225 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Governors' IlMoran Camp
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Governor's Camp
- 415 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Karen Blixen Camp
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Mara Timbo Camp
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2013