Milos Island Packing List Tips by andreasfmpro Top 5 Page for this destination
Milos Island What to Pack: 1 reviews and 1 photos
The harbor of Adamas
Luggage and bags: Notice to my fellow Americans (who tend to bring half their household along): Think like Europeans and travel lightly. Very lightly. Ignore my advice at your own risk, since you'll curse many times over as you drag your 6 suitcases and 4 kids on gravel roads or 1001 steps in high 30s weather.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Beach sandals are a must in Milos, but you can always buy cheap ones locally. A pair of hiking boots is a good idea for the adventurous among you. One light jacket plus one sweatshirt will cover you for the 4 summer months.
Bring adequate changes of underwear as there is no coin laundry and no hotel on the island provides this kind of service. There is a cleaner's store in the village of Adamas but the turnaround time may be rather long. UPDATE: There are now 3 cleaner's stores in Adamas. Yay!
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: There are 3 pharmacies to cover most of your non-emergency pharmaceutical needs. Expect long lines in July-August.
Photo Equipment: There are 2 photo finishing shops in Adamas where you can have your photographs developed, if you are still using film.
If you use a digital camera, there are stores where you can upload your digital captures to a hard disk or cartridge and even send them to yourself over the internet.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: If you arrive in Milos in July or August without a hotel reservation, bring along a sleeping-bag--you'll need it!
Miscellaneous: Do not expect to stay at the Ritz-Carlton. Decent accommodations are available, however. Expect hotels to offer no more than inn-level amenities. See my tip on Choosing a Hotel in Milos.
If you plan on staying a week or more, it pays to drive your own vehicle from the mainland. Foreign tourists are better off renting locally.
A credit card won't be of much use to you except to withdraw cash from the bank. Few establishments honor credit cards.
Phone: +30 6932825222 - Andreas' Mobile
More Reviews (71)
- See All Choosing a Hotel Room in Milos
- See All Sailboat Charter Cruises in Milos
- See All Milos - Pachena, Sarakiniko and Pollonia
- See All Riva Travel Agency, Adamas, Milos
- See All Milos and Milos island - One and the...
- See All Arkeuthos hiking trail
- See All Seafood prices - Higher than expected
- See All Tarantella: Lunch with a view
- See All Kids of Milos
- Shopping in Milos
- See All A Windsurfing Paradise in Milos
- Akri, one of the premier Milos nightlife...
andreasfmpro's Related Pages
Milos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Milos is for lovers"
- "BETWEEN VOLCANOES AND APHRODITE"
- "Milos, a wonderful island of the Cyclades"
- "3 days in Milos"
- "Milos through my eyes"
- "Milos: Goddess of Cyclades"
- "Milos...Voulcanic emotions..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milos Island
- Hotels in Milos Island
- Transportation in Milos Island
- Nightlife in Milos Island
- Restaurants in Milos Island
- Shopping in Milos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Milos Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Parramatta Hotels
- Opstina Resen
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Sterling Hotels
- Chikatsuyu Hotels
- Sherman Hotels
- Cameroon What to Pack
- Brussels What to Pack
- Johannesburg What to Pack
- Uruguay What to Pack
- Philadelphia What to Pack
- Crete Island What to Pack
- South America What to Pack
- West Palm Beach What to Pack
- Province of Bohol What to Pack
- Jakarta What to Pack
- Mont Saint Michel What to Pack
- Puerto Montt What to Pack
Badges & Stats in Milos Island
- 72 Reviews
- 287 Photos
- 40 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Milos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milos Island
Photos in Milos IslandSee All Photos (287)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milos Island Intro, 72 reviews, 287 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milos Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folegandros Island Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Greece Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Latest Milos Island hotel reviews
- 3 Reviews & Opinions