"Oahu" Oahu by suzyq40

Oahu Travel Guide: 4,109 reviews and 10,146 photos

Hawaii, well Oahu for me was a bit underwhelming. I was not prepared for the total commericialism that I discovered on arrival.
For the life of me I cant understand why you need Chanel and Bulgari on the beach!!

The Luau

A must do in Hawaii is to attend a Luau. I went to one at Paradise cove and it was awesome, great food and great company.

Pearl Harbour

A must see for national pride, whatever nation you come from is the Arizona memorial at Pearl Harbour.
It is hard to believe that this was the actual place where "Battleship Row" was bombed during WWII.

• Cons:Oahu is way too commercial which is a shame
  • In a nutshell:Go to the other islands
  • Last visit to Oahu: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 13, 2005

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2009 at 8:18 PM

We did the Paradise Cove luau just 3 weeks ago. Food was average, but the setting was lovely and the entertainment was fantastic. Also I saw 20ft waves @ Pipeline. Highlight of our 2 week trip for me!

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 8:14 PM

Beautiful opening shot Suzie! I will be there on the 27th of this month and I cannot wait. I will head North to avoid the hub. Joyce

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 10:29 PM

Suzy, Awesome opening shot!! That ought to be a postcard. I agree Oahu is far too commercialized, but if you ever go back hang out away from the maddeningn crowds and head up to the North Shore. Kat

• rosie235's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 9:15 PM

gosh that sunset shot is just beautiful. You beat me at doing the Oahu page. How are you? just heard the tsunami warning. Hopefully you are no where near it.. Take care.

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2005 at 4:15 PM

I love sunset shots!! Nice one.

suzyq40

“It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice”

Badges & Stats in Oahu