"Best place in the world" Melbourne by suzyq40

Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,377 reviews and 7,601 photos

MCG

Home of Sport in Melbourne

Sport

What can I say. Victoria has a plethora of sport. From AFL to Rugby League and Tennis to Formula 1, we have it all.

In winter, you will find most Victorians heading off to one of the football stadiums to watch a game.
In summer the same people will head off to the MCG to watch a game of cricket especially on Boxing day which is the biggest day on the cricket calendar.

But its not just football and cricket that people flock to watch. For some reason we are sports nuts, doesnt matter what is on, we will be there in droves

Melbourne - Worlds most liveable city

In 2005, Melbourne was voted "most liveable city" in the world. This is something that we have not taken lightly. As far as I am concerned, we have the best shopping, restaurants, sports, and lifestyle of anywhere else in Australia

• Pros:Most liveable city in the world as voted in 2004
  • Cons:be prepared for any weather
  • In a nutshell:Wouldnt live anywhere else
  • Last visit to Melbourne: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 28, 2005

• craic's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 7:06 PM

oh yeah bridge road is great

• mesoblonda's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2007 at 6:42 AM

Have a great weekend Suz!

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 6:11 AM

Best of luck in all aspects (~_~)

• nattybabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Love the Bonnie Doon sign!! I'm going to have that song in my head forever now... "we're going to Bonnie Doon!"

• talmid's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2005 at 8:42 AM

I read somewhere that the most liveable city in the world in 2005 was Vancouver, Canada. I haven't been to either city :-( Hope to visit both cities soon and decide by myself...

• rosie235's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 11:52 PM

so glad you are ok and are having a wonderful if not sober time...take care...

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 11:43 PM

I can't wait to go shopping on Bridge road! :)

• Apr 10, 2005 at 2:30 AM

Aerial shot of Melbourne is marvellous. Whats Boonie Don.

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2005 at 10:39 AM

Isn't it a wonderful place !? Such great, friendly people - not just we VTers..Even the rain on the Sat of GP served a purpose and then went away ! Hi from nearby ??.Laurie.

• Colzy's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2005 at 9:31 AM

I wore a Brizzy Lions scarf to the footy in Melbourne (they werent playing) and someone threatened to kill me. Mental note for when visiting next time!! I love Melbourne too, my Pa lives near Williamstown and I soooo look forward to visiting again :)

suzyq40 Used To Live Here!

suzyq40

“It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice”

Badges & Stats in Melbourne

Have you been to Melbourne?

Latest Activity in Melbourne