"Best place in the world" Melbourne by suzyq40
Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,373 reviews and 7,594 photos
Home of Sport in Melbourne
What can I say. Victoria has a plethora of sport. From AFL to Rugby League and Tennis to Formula 1, we have it all.
In winter, you will find most Victorians heading off to one of the football stadiums to watch a game.
In summer the same people will head off to the MCG to watch a game of cricket especially on Boxing day which is the biggest day on the cricket calendar.
But its not just football and cricket that people flock to watch. For some reason we are sports nuts, doesnt matter what is on, we will be there in droves
In 2005, Melbourne was voted "most liveable city" in the world. This is something that we have not taken lightly. As far as I am concerned, we have the best shopping, restaurants, sports, and lifestyle of anywhere else in Australia
- Pros:Most liveable city in the world as voted in 2004
- Cons:be prepared for any weather
- In a nutshell:Wouldnt live anywhere else
You have not experienced Melbourne until you have gone shopping in Bridge Road. The shopping area is about 2km long and... more travel advice
I will and will now always disagree about Bridge road being a great place to shop for bargains. 10 years ago, this was... more travel advice
suzyq40's Related Pages
Melbourne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wherever I Lay My Hat - That's My Home"
- "Melbourne - Our Home for 2005 and 2006"
- "IMPREXXION: MELBOURNE"
- "Melbourne is a Dive"
- "Sweetberry's "Melbourne Page""
- "Melbourne - The Place to Be"
- "Melbourne - My Second Home !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melbourne
- Hotels in Melbourne
- Transportation in Melbourne
- Nightlife in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Warnings and Dangers in Melbourne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melbourne
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 127 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Melbourne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melbourne
Photos in MelbourneSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- State of Sabah Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Coffs Harbour Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Broome Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 3 photos
- Oahu Intro, 3 photos
- Darwin Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Canberra Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Riomaggiore Intro, 1 review, 1 photo