"Summerville, SC" Summerville by MandaJ320
Summerville Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 122 photos
Located just twenty minutes from downtown Charleston, this town was named Summerville because Charlestonians used to have summer villas here to keep away from the heat of Charleston. Summerville is filled with azaleas, pines, and oaks, and is often called the "flowertown in the pines."
Summerville's claim to faim: Coach John McKissick. Summerville High School often has the best football team in South Carolina, and one of the top 50 in the nation.
Summerville is a nice place to visit in the spring or summer.
- Pros:quiet, beautiful, close to Charleston
- In a nutshell:my favorite flowertown.
The rivalries in the Summerville area are very big. Summerville High School has won the state championships many times... more travel advice
Old Fort Dorchester State Park is only 15 minutes away from Charleston, in Summerville. The fort was founded in 1697, on... more travel advice
MandaJ320's Related Pages
Summerville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Summerville SC"
- "Springtime in Summerville"
- "Summerville, SC"
- "summerville south carolina"
- "WILDEFLOWER's new Summerville Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Summerville
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Summerville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Summerville
Photos in SummervilleSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charleston Intro, 50 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 25 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Carolina Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilton Head Island Intro, 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Jersey Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- North Carolina Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos