"Hilton Head Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Hilton Head Island by MandaJ320

Hilton Head Island Travel Guide: 219 reviews and 406 photos

Hilton Head Island is a rare gem of a town. You don't get that tourist feeling here that spoils your trip. It's much easier to feel at home here, because it's simply a very comfortable place. The beaches are near pristine, the afternoon thunderstorms are refreshing, and the possibilities are endless. It's hard to find people who are actually from the island, but you'll definitely meet a lot of out of towners.

The building codes on this island are awesome in that nothing can be too tall or too flashy. Everything kind of "blends" with nature here. There's so much to do: jetskiing, fishing, and GOLFING. There are tons of nice places to shop during the day, and there are great restaurants to be found, too! I think I could come here every year for all my life......

Hilton Head Island Information

• Pros:relaxing, quiet, family oriented
  • Cons:weekend traffic sucks
  • In a nutshell:great, great getaway!!!
  • Last visit to Hilton Head Island: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2005

• birchy99's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2006 at 8:53 PM

Thanks for the great tips on HHI. Planning a trip there in Nov. Greetings from Oregon. Mart

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2005 at 2:19 PM

I can see God's handiwork in your opening page-the photo-is just gorgeous! We used to go each summer to Hilton Head--haven't been there lately, but we loved it!

• tatyanap's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2005 at 7:22 PM

Your pages are so inspirational and the pictures are breathtaking. Good job!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2005 at 9:15 AM

We visited Hilton Head many times when I lived only two hours away. Lots of good memories on this page. Thanks!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2005 at 11:12 AM

I always wanted to visit this area. It looks like a relaxing getaway.

• ElCidRugger's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2004 at 11:20 PM

I haven't been to Hilton Head since I was a kid. I do remember my dad grumbling about having to pay to enter Harbor town, the old grouch ;-)

MandaJ320

“Seek ye first the kingdom of God.....”

Badges & Stats in Hilton Head Island

Have you been to Hilton Head Island?

Latest Activity in Hilton Head Island