"Charlotte, NC" Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte by MandaJ320

Charlotte Travel Guide: 567 reviews and 652 photos

The Queen City

New, friendly, clean.... all words you hear about Charlotte. But most people say, "It's a nice place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit." Most people here are transplants due to the banking industry, or other corporate industries that Charlotte has come to house. The #1 and #4 bank in America have their main corporate offices here. The nightlife in Charlotte is coming to life slowly.... and the suburban life around the city is growing at a fast pace. Perhaps in the next few decades she'll gain some culture, too.

• Intro Updated Jul 7, 2006

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Very informative! Thank you for sharing.

• lcwingnut's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2005 at 10:17 AM

From what I understand, Uptown started it name from the fact that the central business district is built on one of the highest points in the city. This helps make the buildings visable from just about any area in the city But don't quote me on that...

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2005 at 5:24 PM

I was in Charlotte on business for a very short period of time of time. Great city! Passed right by Carowinds and had no time to stop. The 4 Points is a great hotel though. Hope you're doing well. :)

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 2:08 PM

I only stayed one night in Charlotte (flight cancelled) and spent many layover hours at the airport on my way to and from London. Now that you are "back home" I will have to check back for updates. ~Elaine~

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 9:35 PM

Thanks for your tips on Charlotte, as I may be flying into the airport this spring. Appreciate the inside info.

• Astrobuck's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2004 at 8:48 PM

AHH! North Carolina! Seeing your Charlotte pictures sure brings back memories from when I was in Grade School! Especially Discovery Place!! I truly miss it....

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2004 at 7:00 AM

Hi Manda, Nice updates on your Charlotte pages - one of my favorite southern cities.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2004 at 5:32 PM

The last time I spent any time in Charlotte, my wife and I loved the dinner theatre/singing servers at the Adams Mark Hotel restaurant. Ever checked that out? Nice page.

• travelife's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2004 at 5:44 PM

Beautiful pics of Charlotta. /Reza

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2004 at 8:02 PM

Ohhh noooo! I'm sorry too...I didn't mean to sound rude, but I reread my comment and it was. I'm going to look at your Charleston page now, it really is a beautiful city, you're right. And your baby is beautiful too...God bless you too.

MandaJ320 Lives Here!

MandaJ320

“Seek ye first the kingdom of God.....”

Badges & Stats in Charlotte

Have you been to Charlotte?

Latest Activity in Charlotte