"South Carolina- Home sweet home" Top 5 Page for this destination South Carolina by MandaJ320

South Carolina Travel Guide: 2,840 reviews and 5,882 photos

The Palmetto State

Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning.... or afternoon, or evening for that matter! I have always been a Carolina girl, and I can tell you this is the friendliest place I have ever seen. South Carolinians are so full of hospitality and pride! This is also a great place to live. I've never met anyone who lived here and didn't love it. There's so much to do and so little time!

History

You'll be hard pressed to find a place with more history in the US than South Carolina. Spanish explorers first came to the state in the 1500's, and the state was colonized in the 1600's by the English. The Revolutionary war was fought throughout the state, and the Civil War began in Charleston. (Although not all of the history here is good, most people have been able to overcome it and live together in peace.) South Carolina is full of heritage. All throughout SC, you'll find many old forts and many beautiful old houses.

Beauty

South Carolina is a beautiful state. It's gorgeous in the springtime with magnolias, jessamine, wisteria, honeysuckles, and azaleas everywhere. In the summertime, the beaches are relaxing and warm. In the autumn, the mountain trees put on a fiery show of leaves. Just driving down the road at any time of year you can find tall pines swaying in the breeze or large oaks draped in Spanish moss. Now how could you ask for a more wonderful place? :-)

www.discoversouthcarolina.com

• Pros:easy going, relaxing, beautiful
  • Cons:i can't be there all the time!!!
  • In a nutshell:southern splendor
  • Last visit to South Carolina: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2005

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2006 at 9:46 AM

Hello Manda! South Carolina looks great, wonderful page with good tips and photos. Happy birthday from Finland, Sini

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 4:23 AM

It all looks lovely. Hope you get back to visit often.

• Astrobuck's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 7:18 PM

South of the Border....a tourist trap if I ever saw one...so much in fact, a guy once told me you had to pay a quarter to get out of the bathroom stall! He said he crawled out from under it....Yuk.

• Jan 4, 2005 at 11:42 PM

I loved the entire 2 years that I lived in South Carolina. I saw a lot, as there is a lot to see. Sadly, though, I never saw the peach's a$$.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2004 at 8:21 PM

Excellent tips, Manda. I lived in North Augusta, South Carolina for a year, long ago. Loved Four Holes Swamp and have backpacked in the Francis Marion National Forest. You're right about the summer heat. It was too much for me.

• tatyanap's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2004 at 2:02 PM

Thanks for your comment on my page. Charleston is one of my favorite cities. Have you read the novel "Celia Garth"? I don't remember the author, but it's a good book about Charleston.

• evona's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 1:26 PM

Hi! Nice start... I wait for more. Greetings :)

MandaJ320

“Seek ye first the kingdom of God.....”

Badges & Stats in South Carolina

Have you been to South Carolina?

Latest Activity in South Carolina