"South Carolina- Home sweet home" Top 5 Page for this destination South Carolina by MandaJ320
South Carolina Travel Guide: 2,835 reviews and 5,878 photos
Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning.... or afternoon, or evening for that matter! I have always been a Carolina girl, and I can tell you this is the friendliest place I have ever seen. South Carolinians are so full of hospitality and pride! This is also a great place to live. I've never met anyone who lived here and didn't love it. There's so much to do and so little time!
You'll be hard pressed to find a place with more history in the US than South Carolina. Spanish explorers first came to the state in the 1500's, and the state was colonized in the 1600's by the English. The Revolutionary war was fought throughout the state, and the Civil War began in Charleston. (Although not all of the history here is good, most people have been able to overcome it and live together in peace.) South Carolina is full of heritage. All throughout SC, you'll find many old forts and many beautiful old houses.
South Carolina is a beautiful state. It's gorgeous in the springtime with magnolias, jessamine, wisteria, honeysuckles, and azaleas everywhere. In the summertime, the beaches are relaxing and warm. In the autumn, the mountain trees put on a fiery show of leaves. Just driving down the road at any time of year you can find tall pines swaying in the breeze or large oaks draped in Spanish moss. Now how could you ask for a more wonderful place? :-)
- Pros:easy going, relaxing, beautiful
- Cons:i can't be there all the time!!!
- In a nutshell:southern splendor
The Palmetto tree is the official state tree of SC. (This is the tree on the state flag.) The Palmetto is so important... more travel advice
The two largest lakes are Lake Marion and Lake Moultrie, and they're located in the Santee-Cooper area. The lakes are... more travel advice
MandaJ320's Related Pages
South Carolina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to South Carolina"
- "South Carolina- Home sweet home"
- "A Trip of Mutual Comfort"
- "There's a Lot to Do in S.C."
- "mainly the ocean..."
- "South Carolina surrounds Summerville"
- "South Carolina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Carolina
- Hotels in South Carolina
- Transportation in South Carolina
- Nightlife in South Carolina
- Restaurants in South Carolina
- Shopping in South Carolina
- Warnings and Dangers in South Carolina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Carolina
- 93 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to South Carolina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Carolina
Photos in South CarolinaSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charleston Intro, 50 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 25 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Carolina Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilton Head Island Intro, 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Jersey Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- North Carolina Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos