"Mekong Delta" Top 5 Page for this destination Can Tho by muddybok

Can Tho Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 292 photos

Big Eyes Monster

Local believe that those big eyes can help them to see far & beyond any danger ahead of them. The red color was the influents from Chinese believe of bring good luck. Another reason for those big eyes was to scare away crocodiles that once found so abundant at the Mekong Delta.

Floating Market (Can Tho)

I write this Can Tho page under "Must See" section for easy reading purposes. Do use "Author's Order" for best result.

The hardest part about writing Can Tho page is not about what to write, but is the selection of photos.

I have few hundreds photos for Can Tho alone.

• Last visit to Can Tho: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2004

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 3:44 AM

I enjoyed your stories and pictures! thanks Bok!

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2004 at 11:32 PM

Actually my trip include cononut candy and husking of rice. Anyway, not gonna bored everyone, i only include pop rice & rice noodles.

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2004 at 11:30 PM

Ok, i think i went on a diff tour, they showed me how they make honey and coconut candy instead! Yup, I bought the snake wine too.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2004 at 12:04 PM

Great page Bok and I loved your travelogues! Never knew it was made like that. So great to read about local customs and food. I would love to go here! Can Tho looks like hammock heaven :-))

• Dec 12, 2004 at 3:54 AM

snap, crackle, pop. I want a pig! // you're too sweet to be a pig...i bought some snake wine to take home, did you? ~~~~:>~

• mansionion's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2004 at 3:44 AM

Making of rice noodle looks like typical bacxk yard industry here. -m-

• Levente_D's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2004 at 1:36 AM

Mekong Delta is amazing ... Can Tho is the Capital of that but is still just a rural part of Vietnam (fast developing though) ... the best of it for me was the floating market with delicious fruits!

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 5:32 AM

Hi, thanks for sharing with me this page, it seems very interesting. Greetings from Warsaw.

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 2:35 AM

did u bring us some pop rice? looks delicious.

• Dialing's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 2:35 AM

Salut! Pop rice - wow! :) Sounds and looks delicious! I wanna try :))

Badges & Stats in Can Tho

Have you been to Can Tho?

Latest Activity in Can Tho