Pulau Perhentian Kecil Favorite Tips by muddybok
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Favorites: 18 reviews and 14 photos
Favorite thing: Although the board says Taxi services, but no taxi will drive pass here. The taxi here is referring to water taxi (a.k.a boat in many part of the world) & these water taxis will not pick you up from this stand as well.
This stand is very much used for gathering of passengers returning to mainland or short boat transfer between beaches or islands.
Some ferry/speed boat companies offer 10am, 12pm, 2pm boat transfer to mainland will meet up their customer holding return tickets here.
Perhentian Dive Sites
Favorite thing: On the edge of the Pulau Redang's Marine Park, Perhentian's coral fringed waters provide excellent underwater scenery. For divers, the group of small rocky islets to the northwest of Pulau Perhentian Kecil is a location not to be missed. Common to the area are harp and black corals, while large hard corals are also present. The waters at Perhentian is crystal clear and within the turquoise waters of the islands dwell an amazing variety of marine life. Don't be surprise if you see dolphins and pilot whales in July and August, which is during the peak of the dry season. There are abundant of corals in Perhentian, especially the colourful soft corals and gorgonian sea fans.
Facts extracted from Planet Scuba site.
Kids @Perhentian Kecil
Favorite thing: The most convenient method to get to Perhentian from Kuala Lumpur is via a 50 minute direct flight KL-Kota Bharu.
Upon arrival in Kota Bharu Airport, exit the Arrival Hall and cross the driveway to the Taxi booth and purchase a ticket voucher to Kuala Besut. The drive to Kuala Besut takes approximately 1 hour. It is highly suggested that you book a taxi for your return journey to Kota Bharu as taxi's can be hard to find in Kuala Besut, especially on Sundays.
Long Beach's Taxi
Favorite thing: The Perhentian islands, comprises of Pulau Perhentian Besar and Pulau Perhentian Kecil lies 20km from the coast of Kuala Besut. Since they are located within Trengganu Marine Parks, no major jetty is to be built except at those fishing villages.
At Long Beach, you will need to get down to water after you are transferred from your ferry/speed boat to water taxi.
More Reviews (6)
muddybok's Related Pages
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Place for Winding Down"
- "Perhentian Kecil - The Younger Sister of Besar"
- "Life's a beach."
- "Pulau Perhentian"
- "Blue Blue Beaches"
- "The Diving Place....and more"
- "Perfect Long Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Hotels in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Transportation in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Nightlife in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Restaurants in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Shopping in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- See All...
Explore the World
- Chennai (Madras) Hotels
- Denver Hotels
- Williamsburg Hotels
- Seoul Hotels
- Kadugannawa Hotels
- Lubbock Hotels
- Kuantan Hotels
- Pasay City Hotels
- Sri Lanka
- Medan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Pulau Perhentian Kecil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Today's Meet a Member a Day -..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Diving @Perhentian"
- Commented on one of airasia's Pulau Perhentian Kecil travel pages
- updated a Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Page "The Diving Place....and more"
- Wrote a Review Diving @Perhentian in Pulau Perhentian Kecil Things to Do
Photos in Pulau Perhentian KecilSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 63 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vietnam Intro, 54 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 45 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mamallapuram Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- Melaka Intro, 34 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 38 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ha Long Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos
- State of Sabah Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
Latest Pulau Perhentian Kecil hotel reviews
- Shari-La Island Resort
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Maya Guesthouse
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Lily Chalet
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2010
- Moonlight Chalet
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Mohsin Chalets
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2013
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Petani Beach House
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2013
- Matahari Chalet
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013