"Is Jeli, not J-Lo!" Kampung Jeli by muddybok
Kampung Jeli Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 8 photos
This is almost mid way of our bike trip covering upper half of Peninsular Malaysia on 2-wheels. Mark and I experiencing some funny problems along the way, of course we still continue our journey because is too late to quit now. The following are some of the brief account of what taken place.
- my bank account suspended because not updating bank passbook
- we camp at Cherating and before we go to "bed", we check out some white chicks doing temp job at one of the pub.
- Mark's contact lens gone with the wind & his glass is falling off
- Malaysian version of Mc Gyver (me) help to fix the screw using a kitchen knife (sorry mate, can't afford a Swiss Army knife)
- we live on Mark's ATM $$$ (cuz my bank ATM transaction barred)
There are more things happening from this point onwards.
- the Jeli-Gerik Highway is very scenic and we were tailgated by one 150cc Suzuki Panther trying to keep up with us (we ride 500cc & 750cc Kawasaki)
- we stop by for some great top-of-the-world scenery
- Mark suffers sore bum because we travel more than 400km for the day (another 150km to go)
- Mark refuse to put up the night at Gerik, his choice place is Penang
- I almost got involved in accident at Gerik (problem negotiating corner)
- we check into Penang (cheap motel) around Komtar for fear we cannot check out with our backpacks because we might lost in Penang
Note: the idiot walking slow motion in the picture is Mark
I won't write much about Penang because the whole VT is full of information and my trip is not quite different from theirs. You should proceed to Kellie’s Castle.
Kuala Lumpur (via Karak Highway) > Maran > Kuantan > Cherating > Dungun/Tanjung Jara > Marang > Kuala Terengganu > Tasik Kenyir > Jerteh (Air Panas LA) > Kota Bharu > Pengkalan Kubor > Pasir Mas > Jeli > Gerik > Sungai Petani > Butterworth > Penang > Ipoh > Kellie’s Castle > Cameron Highlands > Kuala Lumpur.
muddybok's Related Pages
Kampung Jeli Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kampung Jeli
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Kampung Jeli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampung Jeli
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 63 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vietnam Intro, 54 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 45 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mamallapuram Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- Melaka Intro, 34 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 38 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ha Long Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos
- State of Sabah Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos