"Is Jeli, not J-Lo!" Kampung Jeli by muddybok

Kampung Jeli Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 8 photos

This is almost mid way of our bike trip covering upper half of Peninsular Malaysia on 2-wheels. Mark and I experiencing some funny problems along the way, of course we still continue our journey because is too late to quit now. The following are some of the brief account of what taken place.

- my bank account suspended because not updating bank passbook
- we camp at Cherating and before we go to "bed", we check out some white chicks doing temp job at one of the pub.
- Mark's contact lens gone with the wind & his glass is falling off
- Malaysian version of Mc Gyver (me) help to fix the screw using a kitchen knife (sorry mate, can't afford a Swiss Army knife)
- we live on Mark's ATM $$$ (cuz my bank ATM transaction barred)

There are more things happening from this point onwards.
- the Jeli-Gerik Highway is very scenic and we were tailgated by one 150cc Suzuki Panther trying to keep up with us (we ride 500cc & 750cc Kawasaki)
- we stop by for some great top-of-the-world scenery
- Mark suffers sore bum because we travel more than 400km for the day (another 150km to go)
- Mark refuse to put up the night at Gerik, his choice place is Penang
- I almost got involved in accident at Gerik (problem negotiating corner)
- we check into Penang (cheap motel) around Komtar for fear we cannot check out with our backpacks because we might lost in Penang

Note: the idiot walking slow motion in the picture is Mark

I won't write much about Penang because the whole VT is full of information and my trip is not quite different from theirs. You should proceed to Kellie’s Castle.

Site Map:
Kuala Lumpur (via Karak Highway) > Maran > Kuantan > Cherating > Dungun/Tanjung Jara > Marang > Kuala Terengganu > Tasik Kenyir > Jerteh (Air Panas LA) > Kota Bharu > Pengkalan Kubor > Pasir Mas > Jeli > Gerik > Sungai Petani > Butterworth > Penang > Ipoh > Kellie’s Castle > Cameron Highlands > Kuala Lumpur.

• Last visit to Kampung Jeli: Aug 1998
  • Intro Updated Oct 2, 2005

• mansionion's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2005 at 8:30 AM

Last time I pass by Jeli was on a similar road trip like yours - I was on a treasure hunt then, nick named The Amusing Race :) -m-

Badges & Stats in Kampung Jeli

Have you been to Kampung Jeli?

Latest Activity in Kampung Jeli