"Tanjung Jara - Bok's Bike Tour 1998" Kuala Dungun by muddybok

Kuala Dungun Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 128 photos

We Discovered Heaven

Ok. We were stopping by Dungun for fried rice & coke after long ride from Cherating. I look up from the map to estimate which town are we going to stop by for the night and we discovered that one place called Tanjung Jara situated at the river mouth of Sungai Dungun and there is a lighthouse printed on my map.

Of course we ignore the Pulau Tenggol signage and hit straight for Tanjung Jara. The picture shows a very basis but beautiful village viewing from the lighthouse.

On the left of the 1st picture, we found this long stretch of beach which seem undisturbed and so natural with all the falling coconuts and leaves. We were wondering why this beach is so underutilised and conclude that the kampung folks must have sick with the nice view & beaches right behind their houses.

The Lighthouse

You must be thinking we found a great lighthouse for our photographic theme. The answer is no. We found a metal structure kind of small lighthouse at Kuala Dungun/Tanjung Jara. Sigh!!

If you're following my bike trip, you should click on Kuala Terengganu before we head to Tasik Kenyir.

Note: Actually I didn’t explore Kuala Terengganu much on this bike trip. My Kuala Terengganu’s tips are mostly from recent trips. Great place to visit.

• Last visit to Kuala Dungun: Aug 1998
  • Intro Updated Oct 2, 2005

Badges & Stats in Kuala Dungun

Have you been to Kuala Dungun?

Latest Activity in Kuala Dungun