"Just Maran" Maran by muddybok

Maran Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 15 photos

Bike Tour 1998

This is actually the first time (still last time) I stop by at Maran on my bike trip covered more than 2000KM in year 1998. My biking buddy, Mark is so funny along the trip and we really have great time touring on 2-wheels.

The following are some of the destinations we stop by for petrol or coke & of course covering as many tourist attractions as possible.

Kuala Lumpur (via Karak Highway) > Maran > Kuantan > Cherating > Dungun/Tanjung Jara > Marang > Kuala Terengganu > Tasik Kenyir > Jerteh (Air Panas LA) > Kota Bharu > Pengkalan Kubor > Pasir Mas > Jeli > Gerik > Sungai Petani > Butterworth > Penang > Ipoh > Kellie’s Castle > Cameron Highlands > Kuala Lumpur.

Please use right click, "Open in New Window" for destinations with URL.

1st Night@Cherating

Ok. My Cherating page is going to be so small and I decided not to build it now. Mark & I stop for few coke stops and by 7pm we arrived at Kampung Cherating Kecil. Since its first day on our trip, we decided not to spend money on lodging. May be wait till we tired of tent then we will check into 5-stars hotel (yeh! right).

We pitch our tent by the beach. But first have to solve the problem of Mark's bike side stand keep sinking into loose sand. The solution is "Mc Gyver" flatten a coke can to provide solid surface for the stand. Mc Gyver saves the day!!

Next Destination: Dungun/Tanjung Jara