"Mamallapuram - Seashore Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Mamallapuram by muddybok

Mamallapuram Travel Guide: 171 reviews and 653 photos

In this page, I will start with introduction of the place/cave/temple and will follow with few tips based on my own impressions for that specific location. All my India pages will be having the same format; therefore you should browse the page using Author's order for best result.

Envying Enfield

In this page, I will talk a little bit more than temples or beaches. I will cover few more things that I believe have not been covered by anyone else in VT when they visited Mamallapuram.

Well, may be I am more weird than most travelers.

The extra topic that i am going to cover here is John Boetes & his Universal Peace Park

I have moved the Royal Enfield Story to State of Tamil Nadu because it's the product of Chennai, Tamil Nadu.

• Last visit to Mamallapuram: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 17, 2006

• chibouqui's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 9:53 AM

nice story, been there too back in may 2002, is the pigs still everywhere :)

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2006 at 10:24 AM

Excellent tips and photos. Love the personal touch! Greetings from Alaska.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 8:16 AM

Fascinating page - great stories and observations - love the bikes! leyle

• mizzzthanggg's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 11:53 PM

great stories, bok! nice page.

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 9:04 PM

Great pics and write ups Bok... my kind of people at the UPP :~)

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2006 at 7:54 PM

Bok, gd write up on the post tsunami events and realistic photos - esp on original water level of the tsunami.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2006 at 6:36 AM

peace be upon John and Bok! a good bit of snapper never hurts too.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2006 at 5:17 AM

Great page Bok! I enjoyed reading all your stories: a great tribute to John Boetes, hahaha, the restaurant tip made me hungry and I would never go sit under that big rock! Eeeks!

• hez28's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 1:27 PM

i like ur stories bok.. u have a beautiful way of writing ur tips. that chai tea is my favorite too. well, 2nd to teh tarik =) i tried making masala tea but failed miserably, it ended up tasting like spicy soup :| bravo for the tips bok bok!

• bkoon's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 3:38 AM

John Boetes, the beach, Shore Temple, Moonrakers, etc make me want to go back to Mamallapuram. Great tips here. That Nomad custom-Enfield is sooooooo cooooool. Bee :)

Badges & Stats in Mamallapuram

Have you been to Mamallapuram?