"Portland, Oregon - the Rose City" Portland by goshawk301
Portland Travel Guide: 1,406 reviews and 2,746 photos
Portland is the southernmost of the "Cascadian Triumvirate" of cities (together with Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC). Sometimes, when the U.S. politics gets too much, I think of the three cities and the surrounding region declare independence and form our own republic....
In a much more realizable note, I hope Portland will soon get the Montreal Expos, so that there would be a great AL-NL rivalry between them and us! :)
Portland is a river town, and so it's a town of bridges. It is located in the plain where the Willamette River comes ouf ot its valley and is about to join the Columbia. Its downtown is very attractive, with treed streets, canopied bus stops, brick-paved sidewalks, and many older buildings with charming facades.
Portland must be one of the easiest cities to get around; its streets are laid out in an easy-to-follow grid and the public transportation, consisting of buses and tramways, is excellent.
I don't come to Portland often enough - when thinking of a weekend trip, I tend to opt for San Francisco, because the idea of "further south" appeals to me - and that's my loss. This is a beautiful city that's worth an in-depth exploration.
Seattle's King Street Station is currently under renovation - the clocks on its Italian-style campanile aren't working!... more travel advice
Fifth Avenue Suites is on the corner of 5th and Washington, smack in the middle of downtown Portland. It's entrance (on... more travel advice
goshawk301's Related Pages
Portland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest Big City"
- "City of Roses, Rivers and the Mountain Corgi"
- "Portland, an great liveable city"
- "The Pearl of the Pacific Northwest"
- "If it's tourist season, can we shoot them?"
- "A beautiful city to visit even on a short trip"
- "We Gotta Get Out of This Place: Portland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portland
- Hotels in Portland
- Transportation in Portland
- Nightlife in Portland
- Restaurants in Portland
- Shopping in Portland
- Warnings and Dangers in Portland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portland
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Portland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portland
Photos in PortlandSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Kauai Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- Seattle Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Portland Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 10 reviews
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Mazama Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Nanao Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Kapaa Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos