"Gisenyi" Prefegitura ya Gisenyi by marcoparco
Prefegitura ya Gisenyi Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 75 photos
Gisenyi is located in north west Rwanda. It is one of the Rwandan cities on the banks of one of the great lakes of Africa - Lake Kivu. The city offers for some great scenic views, swimming, eating and most importantly relaxation. It is one of the easiest (and safest) ways to get to Goma in the DRC. If you climb the mountain found in back of Gisenyi (like in the picture) you can see the volcano near goma that erupted and devasted the city in 2002. Climbing the small mountain also offers some amazing views. Well worth the 200m hike up the hill. We had a great time here and didnt make it to our original destination of the market. We ended up chatting with many locals who explained to us all the buildings we were seeing from the hill!!!
- Pros:Relaxation at its best! Even cheap if you are willing to stay in guesthouses!
- Cons:Not so much to do....
- In a nutshell:Great place to get away and just relax!
marcoparco's Related Pages
Prefegitura ya Gisenyi Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Prefegitura ya Gisenyi
- Hotels in Prefegitura ya Gisenyi
- Restaurants in Prefegitura ya Gisenyi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prefegitura ya Gisenyi
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Prefegitura ya Gisenyi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prefegitura ya Gisenyi
Photos in Prefegitura ya GisenyiSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port-au-Prince 51 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericton Intro, 43 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shediac Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Deer Island Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacmel Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Cayes Jacmel Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Saint George Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sussex Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 2 travelogues