"Lawrencetown" Lawrencetown by marcoparco

Lawrencetown Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 9 photos

The Surfing Adventure!

Lawrencetown is a very small community located on the south shore of Nova-Scotia. It is approximately 30 minutes outside of Halifax. It is known as one of the prime areas in Atlantic Canada to go surfing.

Surfing.....the Canadian way....

Keep in mind that Canada is a little chilly compared to some surfing destinations.hehehe. On the day I was there in late August the water was just over 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Although I and my friends wore wetsuits, some crazy people were in the water in swimming trunks!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. Without a wet suit it would be impossible to stay in the water for the lengths of time that we did, often over an hour at a time.
Lawrencetown is very well known for its surfing. I read up a bit before I left and found out that there is a big North American tour with professionals that go there during prime season. I have seen some of the pics and I truly wonder if they were surfing at the same spot I was. The waves were huge, somewhere close to 1 metre and a half!!!

I fell in love!

Out of all my friends, I am the one that probably spent the most time in the water. This was my first time surfing and although the waves weren't that great I had a blast learning! Next time I will try to go when I know there will be a storm. I was dibbed a fast learner and got up for a good ride probably about 20 times that day. I cannot wait for my opportunity to surf down south! Hopefully sometime soon!

• Pros:Surfing, surfing and surfing
  • Cons:Only surfing
  • In a nutshell:Go for the surfing!
  • Last visit to Lawrencetown: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2004

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2007 at 12:29 PM

We love surfing in Lawrencetown. I have surfed in Australia and Hawaii, and the waves in Nova Scotia are comparable in every way except temperature! The beach is over a mile long and the waves break left or right most times. Grab a wetsuit and enjoy!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 11:24 AM

C'mon Marc, I want to see one of your wipe outs! OK, that newT'logue satisfied me on that score!! This looks like a great place for fun. That cube van travelling store is quite something!!

marcoparco

“You only have one life.....”

Badges & Stats in Lawrencetown

Have you been to Lawrencetown?

Latest Activity in Lawrencetown