"Lawrencetown" Lawrencetown by marcoparco
Lawrencetown Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 9 photos
Lawrencetown is a very small community located on the south shore of Nova-Scotia. It is approximately 30 minutes outside of Halifax. It is known as one of the prime areas in Atlantic Canada to go surfing.
Keep in mind that Canada is a little chilly compared to some surfing destinations.hehehe. On the day I was there in late August the water was just over 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Although I and my friends wore wetsuits, some crazy people were in the water in swimming trunks!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. Without a wet suit it would be impossible to stay in the water for the lengths of time that we did, often over an hour at a time.
Lawrencetown is very well known for its surfing. I read up a bit before I left and found out that there is a big North American tour with professionals that go there during prime season. I have seen some of the pics and I truly wonder if they were surfing at the same spot I was. The waves were huge, somewhere close to 1 metre and a half!!!
Out of all my friends, I am the one that probably spent the most time in the water. This was my first time surfing and although the waves weren't that great I had a blast learning! Next time I will try to go when I know there will be a storm. I was dibbed a fast learner and got up for a good ride probably about 20 times that day. I cannot wait for my opportunity to surf down south! Hopefully sometime soon!
- Pros:Surfing, surfing and surfing
- Cons:Only surfing
- In a nutshell:Go for the surfing!
This was something I never imagined. A friend that was surfing with us had been there once before earlier that year. She... more travel advice
marcoparco's Related Pages
Lawrencetown Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lawrencetown
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Lawrencetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lawrencetown
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port-au-Prince 51 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericton Intro, 43 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shediac Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Deer Island Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacmel Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Cayes Jacmel Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Saint George Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sussex Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 2 travelogues