"Shediac" Shediac by marcoparco

Shediac Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 62 photos

My favorite (close to home) vacation spot!!

Shediac is a small town located approximately 20-30min. outside the City of Moncton. It is estimated that the population of Shediac goes from approx. 7000 during the winter months to 80 000 during the summer. Shediac is one of the many Acadian communities on the New-Brunswick cost. Most people that live here are bilingual (English and French) however are dibbed to have there own language called "Sssssshiaaac". A wonderful mix of both English and French.

----1st TRIP---- (late May/04)
It was a Saturday and we had nothing to do so the idea of camping came up. Although I never thought it would workout me and a few good friends were off to Parlee beach for the evening camping. I spent a night here two of my friends.

----2nd TRIP---- (July17th-19th/04)
It was time to go camping again so we decided to plan this trip a little in advance. I knew a whole two weeks in advance that I was going!!! We got lucky and had three beautiful sunny days that averaged about 26 degrees. I was joined by three friends. Upon request from RobDavis and Kazander, the first thing I did when I got to Shediac was take a picture of the biggest lobster in the world!! Check out the tips for more of the camping adventure.

----3rd TRIP---- (July29th-August 1st/04). Had yest another trip to the wonderful Town of Shediac. Camped at my parents trailer for the week-end. Check out the tips for more on what I did!

Main Attractions

Being such a small community Shediac does not offer many tourist attractions. However it is home to one of the nicest beaches on the east coast of Canada (Parlee Beach) Which makes it a blasting attraction town in the summer....During my trip on the New-Brunswick long week-end, I talked to a provincial worker who said that there had been over 25 000 people at the beach that Friday!!!!

• Pros:Amazing place that I just keep going back to see...again and again....I love it!
  • Cons:Limited things to do if you don't like camping or relaxing on the beach
  • In a nutshell:Let's relax.....
  • Last visit to Shediac: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 26, 2005

• Jul 19, 2008 at 12:38 PM

The best Stop in shediac to get anything you need for the beach. prices are incredibly low. They have everything...inflatables, clothing, footwear, souvenirs and the best selection of swimwear in NB. can't beat the deals.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2006 at 6:03 AM

Never heard of the place, looks very kitsch

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2005 at 2:49 PM

Lovely beach, it looks a shame to see that Hotel Shediac going to ruin though as it looks a lovely building :-(

• coceng's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 10:10 AM

Hhmm, the biggest lobster ! Delicious...:) I like your place ! Regards.

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2004 at 2:25 AM

I really enjoyed New England and that part of Canada -especially in fall. Must have missed that nice town somehow :-(. I would have loved the drive in cinema.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2004 at 9:40 AM

Shediac is a great place to be in the summertime - and your page proves it!! Amazing tips and photos!

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2004 at 7:00 AM

Yay! the big Lobster! Wonderful! I love drive in movies too. Great updates!

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2004 at 1:32 PM

That's a marvelous time-lapse you've got there... the tossed sand is loverly. :-)

• Jun 13, 2004 at 7:36 PM

Hey, where's the big lobster? ;-) Nice photos of the sunsets!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2004 at 6:57 PM

Hi Mark, This looks like our kind of place. We would love the Parlee Beach Campground.

marcoparco

“You only have one life.....”

Badges & Stats in Shediac

Have you been to Shediac?

Latest Activity in Shediac