"Shediac" Top 5 Page for this destination Shediac by marcoparco
Shediac Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 73 photos
Shediac is a small town located approximately 20-30min. outside the City of Moncton. It is estimated that the population of Shediac goes from approx. 7000 during the winter months to 80 000 during the summer. Shediac is one of the many Acadian communities on the New-Brunswick cost. Most people that live here are bilingual (English and French) however are dibbed to have there own language called "Sssssshiaaac". A wonderful mix of both English and French.
----1st TRIP---- (late May/04)
It was a Saturday and we had nothing to do so the idea of camping came up. Although I never thought it would workout me and a few good friends were off to Parlee beach for the evening camping. I spent a night here two of my friends.
----2nd TRIP---- (July17th-19th/04)
It was time to go camping again so we decided to plan this trip a little in advance. I knew a whole two weeks in advance that I was going!!! We got lucky and had three beautiful sunny days that averaged about 26 degrees. I was joined by three friends. Upon request from RobDavis and Kazander, the first thing I did when I got to Shediac was take a picture of the biggest lobster in the world!! Check out the tips for more of the camping adventure.
----3rd TRIP---- (July29th-August 1st/04). Had yest another trip to the wonderful Town of Shediac. Camped at my parents trailer for the week-end. Check out the tips for more on what I did!
Being such a small community Shediac does not offer many tourist attractions. However it is home to one of the nicest beaches on the east coast of Canada (Parlee Beach) Which makes it a blasting attraction town in the summer....During my trip on the New-Brunswick long week-end, I talked to a provincial worker who said that there had been over 25 000 people at the beach that Friday!!!!
- Pros:Amazing place that I just keep going back to see...again and again....I love it!
- Cons:Limited things to do if you don't like camping or relaxing on the beach
- In a nutshell:Let's relax.....
Sandspit is more of a kids destination as it is a small place with carnival activities. However me and my friends are... more travel advice
Island Beach is a store with all your beach needs. I strongly reccomend bringing your beach gear since outfits like this... more travel advice
marcoparco's Related Pages
Shediac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another drive by stop"
- "Shediac New brunswick"
- "Shediac- The Lobster Capital of The World"
- "Marca's Shediac Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shediac
- Hotels in Shediac
- Nightlife in Shediac
- Restaurants in Shediac
- Shopping in Shediac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shediac
- 14 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Shediac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shediac
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port-au-Prince 51 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericton Intro, 43 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shediac Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Deer Island Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacmel Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Saint George Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayes Jacmel Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Sussex Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 2 travelogues