"Snowmobiling trip!" Sussex by marcoparco

Sussex Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 48 photos

And we were off......

On March 18th at 7:30 am I departed with 5 fellow sledders to head to Sussex New-Brunswick, Canada. This is a one hour drive or so from my home town of Fredericton. We loaded our sleds on the trailers and we were off! Why drive an hour to go snowmobiling you ask???? Why not go from Fredericton? Well simple answer, WE DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE SNOW!!!hahaha. In Sussex they were apparently still avidly sleddin'.

Although very early we were all primed to get going. We ended up being on the trails by 10:30 or so. Finaly I was out on the open trails with nothing to worry about, except all the potential DEER that were thinking about jumping in front of me! Lunkily we only saw a few running later on.

The Trails

The trails conditions turned out to be exceptionnal. Sussex still had about 3 feet of snow on the ground. Luckily they had groomed all the trails the night before. For those who have never been before....snowmobile trails are composed of old roads, clear cut areas and so on. It is truly beautifull back country!

• Pros:Wicked snowmobiling and great park close by!
  • Cons:Very small town with not much to do!
  • In a nutshell:I'll go back for the sleddin'
  • Last visit to Sussex: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 20, 2004

marcoparco

“You only have one life.....”

Badges & Stats in Sussex