"Millinocket" Top 5 Page for this destination Millinocket by marcoparco
Millinocket Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 21 photos
It's one small town in the State of Maine. Stayed two nights camping in Millinocket. Was there to go white water rafting! Amazing experience! I can't wait to do it again
The trip all started with me and my dad driving to Main from New-Brunswick. That was an adventure on its own considering we were driving a unreliable 1991 Corsica (Don't ask me why we took this car since we had a fairly new Saturn sitting in our driveway as well...???). However it did add to the adventure. We kept wondering if the next mile would be our last. Turned out the beater lasted the trip without any problems. We sold it shortly after.
We arrived in the afternoon and set our tent at the Baxter National Park (we had reserved a few nights before). We enjoyed a nice camp fire that night and just tried to relax.
Early morning came (and i mean early....I think it was 6am) and we were on our way to North Country Rivers. I remember it was one heck of a place to find!!! Thank god we had printed of a map!
We arrived at their base camp all (my dads group from work) a tad nervous. After all, throwing yourself down a ragging river in a big rubber thing is kinda dangerous! We fitted our gear, got the crash course and we were ready to go!
All with our white skull caps we piled into this 1960's bus. What in the heck!!!!!! Yup, another surprise! The river was approximately a 30 min. drive from the base camp. That drive proved to be a heck of a lot of fun! We sang, yelled and shared stories. We finally arrived at our departure spot! It was time!
We all piled in our raft and we were finaly off down the river (Penobscot)!!! Wow this wasn't do bad...We first just glided for the first ten minutes. I was wondering....hmmmmm they call this whitewater rafting????? Little did Iknow what was wating up ahead!!!!!! We came around a small turn and hit a 6-8 foot drop! What an introduction to whitewater!!!! I believe we were one of the lucky rafts as we were able to keep it together and not flip! The morning was filled with more fine white waterand then it was time for lunch....Included in our deal was a steak lunch served beside the river. It was a great way to enjoy nature and listen to some terrifying stories from the guides and rafting veterans! The afternoon was spent ridding class 4 and 5 whitewater. What a rush! It was to say the least and amazing experience and adventure!
- Pros:Very Beautiful and picturesque
- Cons:It's in the middle of NOWHERE!
- In a nutshell:Just go for the rafting!
i highly reccomend this company for a great white water rafting trip. They are very knowledgable about the sport and... more travel advice
marcoparco's Related Pages
Millinocket Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KFAnder: Millinocket, Maine"
- "BEAUTY EVERYWHERE THE EYE CAN SEE"
- "Katahdin - Appalachian Trail's Northern Teminus"
- "china-girl's new Millinocket page"
- "sbrookes's new Millinocket Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Millinocket
- Hotels in Millinocket
- Transportation in Millinocket
- Nightlife in Millinocket
- Warnings and Dangers in Millinocket
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Millinocket
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Millinocket?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Millinocket
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port-au-Prince 51 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericton Intro, 43 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shediac Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Deer Island Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacmel Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Cayes Jacmel Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Saint George Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sussex Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 2 travelogues