"Rwanda - Land of a Thousand Hills" marcoparco's Profile

Living in Kigali, Rwanda until January 2007. Finaly! The above picture was taken @ the Ugandan, Tanzanian and Rwandan border. Not very many people get to visit this place. The borders are devided by the Akagera River in the background. I am with a Rwandan Nomadic Herder.

To all the men and women who risk their lives everyday........a heartfelt thank you!

-------My new motto----- "I don't keep a journal! My camera is my journal!!!"

-RECENT TRIPS-

March/April 2006- Lived in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada for 2 months. I was here to complete a placement @ the Ottawa Heart Institute.

February 11th-26th 2006- Another volunteer medical trip to Haiti

December 31st 2005- Halifax Nova Scotia for New-Years!

August 2005- Trip to Longueuil Quebec for Firefighter Combat Challenege.

About me.....

Hi all, thanks first of all for visiting my page! Still a work in progress of course...
-I am curretnly a university student pursuing a bachelor of nursing degree. The medical domain seems to be dominating my life right now. I am also very interested in humanitarian work and even had the chance to participate in 4 volunteer medical trips over the past 2 years(Port-au-Prince, Haiti).

- Another passion of mine is firefighting. I am currently a volunteer firefighter in my home community!

-I also enjoy doing sports whenever I can find the time. I love biking, snowboarding, snowmobiling, hockey, tennis,soccer and surfing.

• Intro Updated Sep 16, 2006

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Happy birthday Marc and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Happy birthday to you Marc! I hope you have a great day, wherever you are!! With all your past humanitarian work in Haiti, I know your heart must be with this devastated country.

• jusdenise93's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I applaud you for your humanitarian work, you know, you 're my idol right now, I also do want to do some kind of volunteer work abroad maybe someday, some of my friends went to Namibia to help out a school there. Good luck on pursuing your nursing degree

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Happy birthday from Italy!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Hi hope youre alive and well there somewhere enjoying your birthday! All the best for a great year ahead!

• mesoblonda's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Have to agree with jumpingnorman, GREAT combo. Liking your pages...

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Wow, Rwanda! Nice trip featured member! Good luck with nursing and travelling - great combination!

• Lydita's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Marc, happy belated birthday! I hope you've had a wonderful and peaceful day! Kisses.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Happy Birthday, Marc! Hope you have a wonderful day!

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Happy Birthday! May you have a long life full of great travels.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
marcoparco's Profile Photo

marcoparco

“You only have one life.....”

Real Name