"Essex CT" Essex by CTnightowl
Essex Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 118 photos
Essex CT was voted the best small town in the country. It is a tiny town on the Connecticut river steeped in history. During the revoloutinary war Essex was the shipbuilding town. In fact the British burnt down one of the shipbuilding plants. Shipbuilding is still big here as are fishing and drinking. Lots of old beautiful houses here. Beautiful location. Quaint but worth visiting
- Pros:peaceful, steeped in history, quaint fun town
- Cons:might be too calm if you are a big city person
- In a nutshell:quality of life
This is where I like to eat my lunch or just go chill and relax. Quite lovely every season. There are many varietys of... more travel advice
CTnightowl's Related Pages
Essex Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seaside Connecticut"
- "Essex CT"
- "Essex, Connecticut"
- "LeeParis's new Essex page"
- "Essex -- a great small town for a day trip!"
- "Boating, shopping..."
- "Visiting Thomas at the Essex Steam Train"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Essex
- Hotels in Essex
- Transportation in Essex
- Nightlife in Essex
- Restaurants in Essex
- Shopping in Essex
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Essex
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Essex?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Essex
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Verona Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Munich 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Florida Keys Intro, 6 reviews
- United States of America 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Chicago Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Essex Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Italy Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 2 reviews
No friends yet.