"My 'Bèrghem'" Bergamo by barrikello
Bergamo Travel Guide: 1,162 reviews and 4,523 photos
Bergamo's one of the forgotten city of art in Italy. It develops on two levels: the Citta' Bassa, the modern part, laying on the Po plain and the old Citta' Alta, the town on the hill. Its name comes from the Celtic "Berghem" - literally City on the Hill. The latter one is charming and fascinating, its history being millennary, founded by the Roman Empire far before Christ was born. The modern town, developed during the Venetian Rule - thus in the last three century - is nothing special, being suitable more for shopping than for sightseeing.
- Pros:The unique beauty of Citta' Alta (the old town)
- Cons:the traffic and modern development of the Citta' Bassa (the modern part)
- In a nutshell:Citta' Alta is a jewel to discover slowly, beautiful and melancholy
It reminds its ancient relative: this dessert is the most common in town and it took after the local specialty, called... more travel advice
This wonderful monastery is located in the western part of the city of Bergamo, near the street that reached Valbrembo.... more travel advice
- See All Orio al Serio Airport
- See All Great Neapolitan Pizza
- The biggest shopping center in Italy
- See All Best value for money
barrikello's Related Pages
Bergamo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Tale of Two Cities!"
- "A tale of two (Italian) cities"
- "Town of two parts......"
- "Bergamo Città Alta, what a beautiful discovery!"
- "My 'Bèrghem'"
- "MEDIEVAL BERGAMO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bergamo
- Hotels in Bergamo
- Transportation in Bergamo
- Nightlife in Bergamo
- Restaurants in Bergamo
- Shopping in Bergamo
- Warnings and Dangers in Bergamo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bergamo
- 41 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Bergamo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bergamo
Photos in BergamoSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lecce Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Verona Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Odense Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Cremona Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Tønder Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Mantova Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos