"Pearl of the Baroque" Top 5 Page for this destination Lecce by barrikello
Lecce Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 141 photos
Lecce is the pearl of a pearl of a region, Puglia. Located at the "heel" of Italy, Lecce is a magnificent town with some of the most beautiful Baroque monuments in Italy - for this called the 'Florence of Baroque'. The peculiar material used to build the town is so malleable that some of the monuments seem carved from butter. The light is special, so warm and soft.
- Pros:interesting, full of history, marvellous
- Cons:chaotic, a bit too hot in summer
- In a nutshell:a place worth more than a visit
Lecce at its best is either at sunset or by night (to be honest I never woke up at dawn!). The photo depicts a... more travel advice
That's one of the various ways to cook pasta in Salento. The recipe is simple, based on the match between fresh pasta... more travel advice
barrikello's Related Pages
Lecce Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pearl of the Baroque"
- "The homeland of the "Barocco Leccese""
- "My town"
- "You can't go wrong if you visit Lecce"
- "Lecce the puglia baroque capital"
- "Lecce: Heat and Light"
- "work in progress"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lecce
- Hotels in Lecce
- Transportation in Lecce
- Nightlife in Lecce
- Restaurants in Lecce
- Shopping in Lecce
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lecce
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Lecce?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lecce
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lecce Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Verona Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Odense Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Cremona Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Tønder Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Mantova Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos