"Decadent but still fascinating" Top 5 Page for this destination Rapallo by barrikello
Rapallo Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 50 photos
Rapallo used to be the most charming italian touristic destination during the 50's and 60's. At that time hordes of newly rich Italians (especially Milanese and Torinese) bought their second houses there. The request of apartments was supported by the local building industry thus spoiling the beauty of the natural scenery. Now, after years of touristic decadence, Rapallo (30,000 inhabitants) is trying to renew its look and some improvements are on. The place is still a wonderful pearl, despite the 'cement rush' and it's useful as a base for visiting the breathless Riviera di Levante.
- Pros:charming and notorious, great panoramas
- Cons:expensive and crowded, too many cars and buildings
- In a nutshell:to be avoided in summer, but worth a walk by the sea
The beautiful promenade extends for four hundred meters following the coast. It draws an arc starting from the touristic... more travel advice
A stroll in Via Mazzini is a pleasure. On the narrow street line old and new shops, where to taste the wonderful... more travel advice
barrikello's Related Pages
Rapallo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Decadent but still fascinating"
- "Honeymoon in Italy"
- "Rapallo- Gateway to Relaxation"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rapallo
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Rapallo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rapallo
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lecce Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Verona Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Odense Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Cremona Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Tønder Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Mantova Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos