"Maceio" Top 5 Page for this destination Maceió by worldcam
Maceió Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 76 photos
My wife & I just returned from Maceio - a great place to stage from to head north and south to visit the stunning beaches around the area. The rainy season begins in the middle of May - so we just made it before the rains put a damper on those visiting expecting to have wonderful weather for the beaches. Keep in mind, however, that if you travel north and south out of Maceio it is quite likely the weather is completely different than what you may wake up to in Maceio! So, don't be sad if it is cloudy when you wake up -- it's likely to be wonderful outside of the city!
South of Maceio is Praia Frances - a great beach to visit. It does, however, get very crowded on the weekends. As with any Brazillian beach there are beach restaurants where you can stay for the day and have lunch & beer & caiperinhas.
I was in Maceio for a couple of weeks in December 2004 to attend a school to learn Portuguese. Maceio is a great little place. The beaches in Maceio are great as are the beaches to the north and the south. Maceio has a small nightlife, but it does exist and if you are there at the right time of year you will find huge outdoor musical parties that are quite an amazing experience. The town, however, has two faces. There is the tourist face that people see along the coast -- and then just a few blocks from the water and the nice, clean buildings is the "real" town. Apparently 65% of the city is poor -- evident only really outside of the coastal areas of the city.
Gunga -- this a "private beach" south of Maceio. OK, the beach isn't private (that's illegal in Brazil), but the access... more travel advice
worldcam's Related Pages
Maceió Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mangueirense's Maceio Page"
- "MACEIO - The Paradisiacal Northeast of Brazil..."
- "Maceió ..."
- "Capital of the Sugarcane & Coconut State"
- "Maceió - The Cultural Capital of America 2002"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maceió
- Hotels in Maceió
- Transportation in Maceió
- Nightlife in Maceió
- Restaurants in Maceió
- Shopping in Maceió
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maceió
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Maceió?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maceió
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ilha de Boipeba Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Thailand Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Russia Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Norway Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nevada Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.