"Enoshima" Fujisawa by salisbury3933
Fujisawa Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 63 photos
The Enoshima area is extremely busy in summer with people coming from all over the Kanto area to visit the beach.
For obvious reasons the beach area was not so crowded when we visited, but there were still plenty of windsurfers and surfers out there.
Mind you the waves weren't really happening so the windsurfers seemed to be the happier contingent.
The word shima means island in Japanese, and yes Enoshima is an island, although connected to the mainland by a bridge.
There is a fair amount to do there, people do actually live there, but there is a temple and shrine, an observation tower, caves, and a plethora of souvenir stands and places to eat and drink.
I was sorely tempted to place the aquarium in the 'tourist traps' section given the 2000 yen entry, but this was the main reason my wife wanted to visit this area.
In any case though, it does showcase the marine life diversity of Sagami bay, and there are the obligatory dolphin and penguin shows.
This was outside one of the temples on Enoshima. We didn't investigate further, but it made for an interesting set of... more travel advice
I always try out the local craft beer when I get out of Tokyo. Enoshima beer is pretty good actually and worth the 600... more travel advice
salisbury3933's Related Pages
Fujisawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fujisawa, Enoshima - Japan's Miami Beach !"
- "The isle of Enoshima Island"
- "Enoshima and Fujisawa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fujisawa
- Hotels in Fujisawa
- Transportation in Fujisawa
- Restaurants in Fujisawa
- Shopping in Fujisawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fujisawa
- 9 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Fujisawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fujisawa
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 79 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 54 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 43 reviews, 47 photos
- Upper Hutt Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Wellington Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rarotonga Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos