"A great place to visit if you love castles" Himeji by salisbury3933
Himeji Travel Guide: 179 reviews and 442 photos
I'm a big fan of castles, having visited around 20 in Japan alone, and Himeji is my favourite when it comes to Japan.
Its scale is unmatched amongst Japanese castles, and the inside is also fairly impressive, given the number of weapon racks and so on. The successive owners of the castle must have had a fair amount of military might behind them.
This is a nice garden right next to the garden. As the castle area was full of people when we visited, it was a nice... more travel advice
salisbury3933's Related Pages
Himeji Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Springtime in Himeji"
- "My Himeji Homepage"
- "Welcome to Himeji"
- "A Long-Awaited Trip"
- "Day trip"
- "White Beauty"
- "Quaint town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Himeji
- Hotels in Himeji
- Transportation in Himeji
- Nightlife in Himeji
- Restaurants in Himeji
- Shopping in Himeji
- Warnings and Dangers in Himeji
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Himeji
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Himeji?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Himeji
Photos in HimejiSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 79 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 54 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 43 reviews, 47 photos
- Upper Hutt Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Wellington Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rarotonga Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos