"Kamakura, an ancient capital of Japan" Kamakura by salisbury3933
Kamakura Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 444 photos
With the history involved, there's plenty to see in Kamakura, and more temples and shrines than you can blink an eye at.
There's a limit to how much you can see in one day, so I think we will be back periodically to see parts of Kamakura we haven't seen yet.
It can get a bit crowded on weekends, but it's still a great escape from the concrete jungle of Tokyo, and a beautiful setting to spend some time in.
Kamakura is easy to get around, and is very well signposted.
There's enough green to offer a nice contrast.
I'll be back numerous times in the future, that is for sure. It's about an hour from Tokyo so easy to do as a day trip.
From Kamakura station down to Hase (the station to get off at for the Giant Buddha) and further down the line to... more travel advice
The Great Buddha is possibly the most famous part of Kamakura for many people. It costs 200 yen to enter the grounds,... more travel advice
salisbury3933's Related Pages
Kamakura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KAMAKURA - A blissful escape from hectic Tokyo!!"
- "Kamakura - Old Military Capital"
- "Smaller than Kyoto but just as grand"
- "THE GREAT BUDDHA, ( DAIBUTSU )"
- "Kamakura - The Great Buddha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kamakura
- Hotels in Kamakura
- Transportation in Kamakura
- Restaurants in Kamakura
- Shopping in Kamakura
- Warnings and Dangers in Kamakura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kamakura
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Kamakura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kamakura
Photos in KamakuraSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 79 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 54 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 43 reviews, 47 photos
- Upper Hutt Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Wellington Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rarotonga Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos