"Niihama- an industrial city" Niihama by salisbury3933
Niihama Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 4 photos
I taught English in Niihama for about 18 months. It's a smallish, industrial city on the north coast of Shikoku, in Ehime prefecture.
There's not really much there that would interest the tourist, but I enjoyed my time there. There are a lot of factories, and the Sumitomo conglomerate is the main employer in town.
There are a few bars, and some decent izakaya type places around, and in recent times the big Aeon shopping centre has been built.
Up in the mountains where the coppe‚’ mines used to be is Minetopia Besshi, which is perhaps Niihama's number 1 attraction.
There's a fair bit to do up here. Goldpanning, exploring the old mines, bathing in a hot spring, going on an old train,... more travel advice
Nankoku is a restaurant on the main drag. In Japanese style it's run and operated by the owner himself, who cooks as... more travel advice
salisbury3933's Related Pages
Niihama Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Niihama
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Niihama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Niihama
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 79 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 54 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 43 reviews, 47 photos
- Upper Hutt Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos
- Wellington Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rarotonga Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos