"Wairarapa" Wairarapa by salisbury3933
Wairarapa Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 166 photos
I always enjoy driving over the Rimutakas to see the Wairarapa and what it has to offer, be it the wild southern coast, the vineyards of the Martinborough area, or just the general laid back nature of the place
I have a number of different pages on this area. A number of these towns are along State Highway 2
Masterton is the largest town in the district and well worth a visit.
Carterton has a number of attractions, and is definitely worth a stop.
Greytown is a delightful town and really popular with daytrippers and weekenders from Wellington
Martinborough has some fantastic wineries
Featherston has the outstanding Fell Locomotive Museum
Mangatainoka has the famous Tui Brewery
Most recently I have visited Mt Bruce Bird Sanctuary, which is a must stop for anyone travelling along SH2 north of Masterton.
50 odd kilometres to the east of Masterton is Riversdale, a small beachside community. The beach is patrolled in summer... more travel advice
It's far from the beaten track, and the road there is unsealed in parts, but this is one place that's well worth a... more travel advice
salisbury3933's Related Pages
Wairarapa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I used to live in Martinborough circa 1980"
- "The Eastern gateway out of Wellington"
- "Wairarapa -on the East Coast of the Nth Island"
- "Castlepoint the best kept secret"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wairarapa
- Hotels in Wairarapa
- Transportation in Wairarapa
- Restaurants in Wairarapa
- Shopping in Wairarapa
- Warnings and Dangers in Wairarapa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wairarapa
- 40 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Wairarapa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wairarapa
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 84 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 52 reviews, 62 photos
- Japan Intro, 54 reviews, 44 photos
- Upper Hutt Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wellington Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos
- Seoul Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rarotonga Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ehime-ken Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos