"A week in Irk" Irkutsk by salisbury3933
Irkutsk Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 628 photos
We spent a very enjoyable week in Irkutsk in Nov 2004. The highlight was undoubtedly the day trip we took down to Lake Baikal, but there's plenty to do in Irkutsk itself. It's a very attractive city, with wooden architechture, old churches and cathedrals and other sites of historical importance.
It's also the gateway to Baikal, so if you are making a Trans-Siberian journey, this is a great place to stop.
I also have some pages on Taltsy and the village of Listvyanka on the shores of Baikal.
There's a restaurant on Karl Marx that specialises in Pozy, a Buryat dish, which could be described as some kind of lamb... more travel advice
I enjoyed the older wooden architecture that can be seen around the city. more travel advice
salisbury3933's Related Pages
Irkutsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City in which I live..."
- "Irkutsk, eastern Siberia, Russia"
- "Stone Irkutsk"
- "A week in Irk"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Irkutsk
- Hotels in Irkutsk
- Transportation in Irkutsk
- Nightlife in Irkutsk
- Restaurants in Irkutsk
- Shopping in Irkutsk
- Warnings and Dangers in Irkutsk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Irkutsk
- 9 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Irkutsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Irkutsk
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 81 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos
- Japan Intro, 54 reviews, 44 photos
- Upper Hutt Intro, 33 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wellington Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rarotonga Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos