Vladivostok Transportation Tips by salisbury3933 Top 5 Page for this destination
Vladivostok Transportation: 23 reviews and 29 photos
The airport is around 50km away from the centre of Vladivostok.
There are murmors of an airport express being instituted in the near future, and there are buses. As a recent update it looks like trains will be running from July onwards. Definitely a project that was initiated due to APEC.
In any case my hotel called me a taxi which cost 1000 roubles for the journey.
Update July 2012.
Haven't used this service as yet but in any case here is some info re the new Aeroexpress.
If you're flying into Vladivostok from outside of Russia, Korean Air is a good option.
They have daily Incheon-Vladivostok flights, and Seoul-Incheon airport is a real hub with flights to so many destinations.
The flight into Vladivostok though is 10am in the morning, so it may necessitate a night in Korea on the way.
This flight is well used by Russians actually, less so to visit South Korea, but more for transitting through Seoul-Incheon to points beyond, so when I used this service it was close to full.
I have not used this ferry, but the boat was in town while I was there. Link is below for anyone who might be interested. It goes between Vlad, Donghae and Sakaiminato in Tottori prefecture.
Ferry services seem to come and go however, so it would pay to check in advance if it is still running.
Although I don't have much detail on it, there is also a ferry for Sokcho in South Korea leaving from Vladivostok.
I have found a link for it, but I don't know whether or not it is current.
Edit Dec 2011. It doesn't look like this is running, but there looks to be another service to Korea operating.
We took the ferry from Vladivostok to Fushiki in Toyama prefecture. It takes about 42 hours all up, and it cost us $230 US per person, although there are cheaper and more expensive berths available.
The tickets can be bought on the 3rd floor of the ferry terminal behind Vladivostok railway station. The ferry itself is mostly used by Russians importing used cars and motorcycles from Japan.
All meals are included, but it may be an idea to bring snacks/drinks with you that you think you might need.
Update Sept. 2010. This service may not be running any more, so I suggest doing some research around this one.
Vlad has various services heading elsewhere in Russia.
The main ones are Rossiya (To Moscow)
Sibiryak (to Novosibirsk)
Okean (to Khabarovsk)
More Reviews (16)
salisbury3933's Related Pages
Vladivostok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The closest European City to Japan!!!"
- "VLADIVOSTOK: EASTERN MYSTERY"
- "Vladivostok – Siberian Gateway"
- "The Russian Far East is about as far as you can go"
- "The end of the line"
- "Vladivostok: unless once in a life!"
- "East End of Russia, Vladivostok"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vladivostok
- Hotels in Vladivostok
- Transportation in Vladivostok
- Nightlife in Vladivostok
- Restaurants in Vladivostok
- Shopping in Vladivostok
- Warnings and Dangers in Vladivostok
- See All...
Explore the World
- Shelburne Falls Hotels
- Dar es Salaam Hotels
- Castellina in Chianti
- Vigan Hotels
- Pulau Manukan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Vladivostok
- 22 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Vladivostok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vladivostok
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 80 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 54 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 44 reviews, 48 photos
- Upper Hutt Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wellington Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rarotonga Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Latest Vladivostok hotel reviews
- Hotel Amursky Zaliv & Hotel Vladivostok
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Hotel Hyundai
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Hotel Equator
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 17, 2013
- Vizit Vladivostok Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- Gavan Hotel Vladivostok
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 3, 2012
- Hotel Vladivostok
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Best Eastern Versailles Hotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Vlad Motor Inn
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 25, 2013