"The end of the line" Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok by salisbury3933
Vladivostok Travel Guide: 229 reviews and 533 photos
After travelling from Krakow to Vladivostok （Владивосток) by train with numerous stops along the way, we stopped in Vlad for 48 hours before boarding the ferry for Japan. We had a good couple of days exploring the city, and as it was the end of November, and we had just spent a week in Irkutsk, we enjoyed the warmer temperatures.
It's a bustling, lively place, and there's a lot happening. I wouldn't say that it's worth a visit on its own, but we had a good time there.
I managed to return to Vladivostok in December 2011 for a visit and a lot has changed. There is an awful lot of construction going on with APEC due to be held there in 2012.
Was great to be able to visit again. It was a bit chilly though as you can see!
Beer is normally sold in 500ml or 1 litre cans or bottles, although it is often sold in larger volumes as well. It does... more travel advice
The railway station is definitely one of Vladivostok's most famous landmarks. There's not really that much on the inside... more travel advice
salisbury3933's Related Pages
Vladivostok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The closest European City to Japan!!!"
- "VLADIVOSTOK: EASTERN MYSTERY"
- "Vladivostok – Siberian Gateway"
- "The Russian Far East is about as far as you can go"
- "The end of the line"
- "Vladivostok: unless once in a life!"
- "East End of Russia, Vladivostok"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vladivostok
- Hotels in Vladivostok
- Transportation in Vladivostok
- Nightlife in Vladivostok
- Restaurants in Vladivostok
- Shopping in Vladivostok
- Warnings and Dangers in Vladivostok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vladivostok
- 22 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Vladivostok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vladivostok
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 80 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 54 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 44 reviews, 48 photos
- Upper Hutt Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wellington Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rarotonga Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos