"The end of the line" Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok by salisbury3933

Vladivostok Travel Guide: 229 reviews and 533 photos

A visit to Vladivostok

After travelling from Krakow to Vladivostok (Владивосток) by train with numerous stops along the way, we stopped in Vlad for 48 hours before boarding the ferry for Japan. We had a good couple of days exploring the city, and as it was the end of November, and we had just spent a week in Irkutsk, we enjoyed the warmer temperatures.

It's a bustling, lively place, and there's a lot happening. I wouldn't say that it's worth a visit on its own, but we had a good time there.

Return to Vladivostok

I managed to return to Vladivostok in December 2011 for a visit and a lot has changed. There is an awful lot of construction going on with APEC due to be held there in 2012.

Was great to be able to visit again. It was a bit chilly though as you can see!

Plenty of construction going on

As many of you may be aware, Vladivostok is due to hold APEC in 2012, and hence there is a ton of construction going on.

Here's the partially completed bridge across the bay.

• Last visit to Vladivostok: Dec 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 17, 2012

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM

very interesting Vladiostok photos. One day, I want to see the city

• salisbury3933's Profile Photo
      Dec 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Thanks Toshio. It's well worth a visit. There is a ferry that goes from there to Japan, maybe an option for you sometime?

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Joshua, fabulous little page about this Eastern Russian gem, which is still on my must visit list. I definitely wouldn't go to the Restaurant "Munchen", as it is probably named after the German town "Munich" and therefore serves German food. *verybigsmile*

• taigaa001's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Vladivostok is one of the Far Eastern Parts of Russia I have keenly been interested in since my childhood. Thanks for your report.

• jerrylyons207's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Hi there, I have really enjoyed your posts, good stuff! How did you book your ferry ticket. I'm looking to travel at the end of may from Vlad to Japan on the ferry. Was it a crowded ship? Thnaks very much Jerry

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2005 at 1:56 AM

Hope I'll make it that far East one day!

• nomada's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2005 at 2:19 AM

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to know more about this trip !

salisbury3933

“Travel, good food and good beer. Nothing better.”

Badges & Stats in Vladivostok

Have you been to Vladivostok?

Latest Activity in Vladivostok