"A prefecture of contrasts" Ehime-ken by salisbury3933
Ehime-ken Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 309 photos
Ehime (愛媛県）j is made up of three separate areas, Nanyo, the southern part of the prefecture, Chuyo, the central part, and Toyo, the Eastern part of the prefecture. Each of them has their own flavour, with Toyo being heavily industrial, Chuyo heavily commercial, and Nanyo heavily agricultural.
It is the largest of Shikoku's 4 prefectures in terms of population, and 2nd behind Kochi in land area.
Some of the Islands in the Inland Sea are also part of Ehime prefecture are well worth seeing as well.
Matsuyama is the main city, with a population of about 500,000, but there's more to see. Uchiko is a small town well worth visiting, and Uwajima has its attractions as well. I have also recently updated my Saijo page.
My wife is from Ehime, so I head back there regularly. In comparison with Tokyo things are a lot more relaxed and laid back. The pace of life is definitely slower. In my Tokyo days, I always enjoyed coming back for a few days, just to get out of the ratrace that Tokyo can sometimes be.
My wife is from Masaki, a small town just next to Matsuyama itself.%
I first lived in Niihama and then moved to Matsuyama. In all I lived in Ehime for 4 years, and since leaving there have been back for visits on a very regular basis.fi
From Imabari is the Shimanami Kaido, a string of bridges between Shikoku and Honshu.
Whilst the economics behind building this road were shoddy at best, there are some spectacular sights, and some excellent engineering on show.
In recent times I have also updated pages for Ozu, Futami Tobe and Kawanoe
Tai or Sea Bream is a type of fish found in the waters off Ehime, and Tai Meshi is a dish available all over Ehime,... more travel advice
Throughout Japan Ehime is well known for its Mikan, or mandarin orange. Definitely try one if you get the chance, and... more travel advice
salisbury3933's Related Pages
Ehime-ken Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A prefecture of contrasts"
- "Eiji's new Seto Page"
- "Ehime -- Onsen,Sashimi,Good View"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ehime-ken
- Hotels in Ehime-ken
- Transportation in Ehime-ken
- Nightlife in Ehime-ken
- Restaurants in Ehime-ken
- Shopping in Ehime-ken
- Warnings and Dangers in Ehime-ken
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ehime-ken
- 99 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Ehime-ken?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ehime-ken
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 81 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos
- Japan Intro, 54 reviews, 44 photos
- Upper Hutt Intro, 33 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wellington Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rarotonga Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos