"A prefecture of contrasts" Ehime-ken by salisbury3933

Ehime-ken Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 287 photos

Ehime

Ehime (愛媛県) is made up of three separate areas, Nanyo, the southern part of the prefecture, Chuyo, the central part, and Toyo, the Eastern part of the prefecture. Each of them has their own flavour, with Toyo being heavily industrial, Chuyo heavily commercial, and Nanyo heavily agricultural.

It is the largest of Shikoku's 4 prefectures in terms of population, and 2nd behind Kochi in land area.

Some of the Islands in the Inland Sea are also part of Ehime prefecture are well worth seeing as well.

Matsuyama is the main city, with a population of about 500,000, but there's more to see. Uchiko is a small town well worth visiting, and Uwajima has its attractions as well. I have also recently updated my Saijo page.

My ties to Ehime

My wife is from Ehime, so I head back there regularly. In comparison with Tokyo things are a lot more relaxed and laid back. The pace of life is definitely slower. In my Tokyo days, I always enjoyed coming back for a few days, just to get out of the ratrace that Tokyo can sometimes be.

My wife is from Masaki, a small town just next to Matsuyama itself.%

I first lived in Niihama and then moved to Matsuyama. In all I lived in Ehime for 4 years, and since leaving there have been back for visits on a very regular basis.fi

The Shimanami Kaido

From Imabari is the Shimanami Kaido, a string of bridges between Shikoku and Honshu.

Whilst the economics behind building this road were shoddy at best, there are some spectacular sights, and some excellent engineering on show.

In recent times I have also updated pages for Ozu, Futami and Tobe

• Last visit to Ehime-ken: Mar 2013
  • Intro Updated Dec 31, 2013

Comments

salisbury3933 Used To Live Here!

salisbury3933

“Travel, good food and good beer. Nothing better.”

Badges & Stats in Ehime-ken

Have you been to Ehime-ken?

Latest Activity in Ehime-ken